• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Beautiful work!
    I'm in Great Mills neighbor, want to practice on my Mossberg 500 or Ruger 10/22 stock?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Right now I am looking at re-finish, clear sealers and the like to put on the stocks after engraving. I'll try on mine before I do any others. The stock I have coming is for an 870 I believe, I was just looking for something cheap to refine the process.

J

I make furniture, I can help you with finish....

Wisker45-70

Nov 6, 2009
    Lexington Park, Md
    The work is pretty easy, only the hard part is getting the file and the stock to match so when you engrave the placement is correct. I have a full wood shop so finishing is not an issue, just want something that will do the job and not look like ass when done. I'm think a slight buff with 800 grit and then a new layer of finish should do the trick on wood. That's why I have the blank stock on the way, gonna play with it a bit to see what works best. I'll start with the 870 as I have to build a jig to hold it in the same place every time. That is the key, repeatability, the jigs make it a lot easier in the long run. We'll see how this works out and if all goes well I should have a sample ready next week.:D

j

Wisker45-70

Nov 6, 2009
    Lexington Park, Md
    YOu are more than welcome to come by and use my shop anytime I'm there. I received my blank stock and will be making the jig tonight. So hopefully I can have a sample by the end on the weekend.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    If you are looking for some stocks Remington has them cheap on there web sight for the 870

http://www.remingtoncountrystore.co...ber=3&catalogid=1&categoryid=3586&topcat=1038

I installed the thumb hole stock and forearm kit from Cabela's on my 870, I wish I could find the same setup for my Mossberg 500, but, no one has them anywhere. The stock on the 870 is awesome and it looks really good and it's 100% comfortable, but, I can not find a wood thumbhole for the Mossberg. I'm not a fan of the combat, composite stocks, it's a hunting gun, not an assault weapon. I don't care for the lightweight plastic stocks. But, if I could find a wooden thumb hole stock and matching forearm for the Mossberg, someone could be rich.

Attachments

• 100_0522.jpg
      100_0522.jpg
      111.1 KB · Views: 98
    • 100_0521.jpg
      100_0521.jpg
      112 KB · Views: 107

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I installed the thumb hole stock and forearm kit from Cabela's on my 870, I wish I could find the same setup for my Mossberg 500, but, no one has them anywhere. The stock on the 870 is awesome and it looks really good and it's 100% comfortable, but, I can not find a wood thumbhole for the Mossberg. I'm not a fan of the combat, composite stocks, it's a hunting gun, not an assault weapon. I don't care for the lightweight plastic stocks. But, if I could find a wooden thumb hole stock and matching forearm for the Mossberg, someone could be rich.

That looks sweet, man. I have been thinking about putting some nice furniture on my 870 Express to dress it up a little bit. How do you like the thumb hole stock? You use it for waterfowl hunting?

Dec 1, 2010
    Hey everybody. First post here. I ran across this thread while searching for engraving info on synthetic stocks. My business is based on a laser engraver and I've been asked to engrave on a Rem 770 by this Sat (Eagle Scout gift). Does anyone know what material the synthetic is made of? I can't laser anything with chlorine or chloride. I'll be contacting Remington tomorrow.
    thanks for any info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom