• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MDS has been lightning fast all day from Fios in Annapolis ... its not the site

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    I was in DC today and got online with my laptop, same slow stuff. Anyone know who provides the internet for the Verizon Center? I do not remember if it is Verizon or Comcast.

AOL. Seriously, the Verizon Center has a cache of thousands of those floppy diskettes.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    A portion of the response from my server host:

We've done some investigating and tracked the FTP/slowness/connectivity issues to Comcast. Typically on a Friday/Saturday we may 10-12 tickets at most. Today it's tripled. What makes this mystery even more intriguing is that each of these client are on half a dozen different servers and some even in different data centers.

The single common fact in every case is comcast.

jimsoden

Super Lurker
    Sep 25, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Sorry, but everyone has overlooked the obvious..."It's Bush's fault"! :lol2:

OK, too old and worn out. How about "It's Obama's fault"? :sad20:

I had loads of timeouts, but it was on Verizon's Wireless Broadband Network. :tdown: My house sits in a Digital Deadzone for wireless coverage. Sucks...:mad54:

I gotta switch to FIOS! All my contiguous neighbors have it and love it! :)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The timeouts seem way worse in the past 12 hours. Apparently the Comcast woes (or at least their routing table woes) continue. Other Comcast customers are bitching about the Level 3 Communications routing delays here:
    http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Connec...ion-issues/m-p/1137145/highlight/true#M144494
    Per the thread, it's not just Comcast. At least some Cox and Verizon customers are running into the same problem with the Denver routing hop.

For people going through the pain and using Firefox, the seven steps at this link help:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Firefox-Load-Pages-Faster
    It's nowhere near a cure. Just a band-aid to avoid some of the timeouts and lags. But it really does help.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    interesting ..Comcast just plain sucks.. but in using TOR, and coming from a different IP range(s) it seems faster (routing) not slow and / or timing out and on Verizon network still times out or slow... anyway still can get in... there is always a way.. VNC into a remote host works, will probably take several days for things to clear up.

-Rock

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Things seem more "normal" now.

What was weird was earlier today, noonish, I could navigate around the board rather quickly, but the second I either tried to click on a thread to read or tried to respond to a thread, it took forever. It would take maybe 30-45 seconds after hitting "Submit Reply".

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Looks like there has been an IP address shuffle for those using host file entries.

Just got hit with it myself :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom