• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I had a guy ask me to trade a new in box Bushmaster M4 for a WASR Underfolder.
    http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_military_MCWA2F14M4.asp

I could not say no, granted its a bushmaster (mid level AR) but its chrome lined and has a 14.5 in barrel with factory perm attached phantom flash hider. Im not trying to brag or anything but seriously who would have thought demand would ever be this high to trade what would be a $450 rifle for a $750/800 rifle a year ago

This cant last long....

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's a pretty good trade, but Bushmaster isn't really the hot brand it used to be; could be he had trouble unloading it for much more.

You can still buy Saigas fairly cheap, there's the new M+M AKs out, plus there are a lot of VEPRs out there now... what's really expensive are the mini Dracos, now that CAI has made noises that imports are drying up for the moment. Regular Dracos are starting to escalate, too. Thankfully, Arsenal puts something of a backstop on that by having their new AK pistol out (albeit in 5.56).

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Go back a little more 1990 and get pre-ban Norinco's for $250

Yeah, but I was born in 88. I passed on countless AKs in the $200 to $300 range when I was in Indiana. Saiga 12s were 250 and plentiful back then. Oh well, hindsight and all that.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Supply and demand has nothing to do with perceived value. Lots of AR's around now and fewer AK's. Wait til Obama gets re-elected and starts banning things left and right, then the fun begins.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Why would you bother with Aks when registered Hk trigger packs were going for $200 in the early 90s and $15,000 today?

This! I have an HK-94 clone that will never see full auto because of those prices. But on the real those in the know will never bite for those outrageous prices unless there desperate, I still see good deals on forums still, just more outrageous ones.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ya I am pretty much priced out of the AK market. Though strangely run of the mill Norinco and stamped poly pre-bans seems fairly plentiful in the $900 range. Ridiculous but not bad compared to $700 clones.

About all I am in the market for right now is a double underfolder poly. Though there is a fairly nice SA85 underfolder on GB that might fit the bill if it goes significantly less than its buy it now.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    They'll have to go through another round of attempting to ban stuff before my Century International Arms built Yugo M70AB2 gets to be worth anything more than what I paid. FWIW... it shoots ~3.5MOA with surplus ammo. I was looking for a centerfire plinker at the time and I think that's exactly what I got...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom