• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BW9mm

Apr 5, 2011
    Harford County
    I started talking to a guy at the ammo case. We were both complaining about the ever increasing price of ammo. He tells me that soon the price of ammo will about double, due to legislation that is in the Senate now. He stated it has already passed in the House. A huge tax on ammo by the feds. So, I ask him why hasn't the NRA done anything about this? He says the NRA doesn't really care, because it doesn't infringe on the RTKBA. I follow the NRA website quite a bit, and I have not seen anything about a huge ammo tax increase. Plus, how could this pass in a Republican-controlled House, in an election year at that? Is there anything to this?

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    I havent heard anythign about it and I talk to my local gun store owner quite a bit and he usually tells me whats going on ... and Nothing has popped up here ,

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    This would be all over every gun forum and I'm on quite a few. I've overheard some pretty stupid stuff in gun stores.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    I started talking to a guy at the ammo case.

Theres the problem right there.:lol:
    Don't talk to them, just point at what you want and hand them your money. Go any further than that and you're just asking for absurdity.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Sounds like this Walmart guy is related to the guy at the Raleigh NC gun show last weekend that told me that 7.62x39 was no longer going to be manufactured. My buddy bought 1000 rounds, and a guy selling rifles across the way was saying he should hit up every dealer in the place because it wasn't going to be made any longer.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Be careful what you believe. It is truly, truly sad, but apparently we are in such a glorious position with 2A legislation some people feel that they need to create false rumors because we just have nothing real left to worry about.

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    Yeah rumor that the price of ammo doubling goes around every two or three months. By now 100 rounds of 22 should be $100 or more..:sad20:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Did the info he gave you make you buy a little more than what you went in intending to buy? If so, then it worked.

BTW, ammo has gotten ridiculous. My 44mag ammo is now costing $40-$50 a box/50!!!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Did the info he gave you make you buy a little more than what you went in intending to buy? If so, then it worked.

BTW, ammo has gotten ridiculous. My 44mag ammo is now costing $40-$50 a box/50!!!

Sounds like its time for you to start reloading. Total cost for 50 .44 mag reloads is about $12.00. Keep in mind that I already have the brass, which will hold up to several reloads.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    One of Bass Pro's younger twinks was telling someone that the barrel's accuracy life on one of the camouflaged AR's they carry is 20,000 to 30,000 rounds and it would last a lifetime. That guy's gonna be pissed before he gets halfway to the lower number.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    He may be a testament to the need for Snopes, but the idea is not invalid. I'm buying ammo right now instead of investing in the stock market. Why? Not for SHTF, instead as a short term investment.... I'll probably dump it around October.

-Jim

BW9mm

Apr 5, 2011
    Harford County
    These responses are pretty amusing to read. The guy I was talking to was another customer. And, he spent about $250 on ammo. I don't believe everything I hear. As I have heard of nothing in regards to a major tax increase, I just thought I would get others' input.

GUNMANSUPERSTAR

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 10, 2012
    One thing we can all agree on is the fact that ammo is without a doubt pricey. personal defense Winchester pdx1 45 auto selling at near 30-35 bucks a box for 20 rounds. It feels like this is a form of gun control. just how i feel nothing less nothing more. I have bought 5 ammo cans this year and have intentions on filling them all. After i hit that goal i will be totally happy with my stash. The faster i fill them the better which will save me money if prices are to blow through the roof more than they are now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom