3104e0c07331c34790537f0b7bffdec8.jpg

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Love the MAS! And you got it with all the accessories. That bunch of goodies is worth a fair amount in and of themselves. You're gonna love this one. If you haven't seen it yet I recommend watching the Forgotten Weapons 2 gun match video featuring the MAS 49/56. Makes for interesting viewing. Think you'll be impressed.

Thanks! Came with the bayonet too but forgot to throw it in the picture. I'd been pricing one out for awhile and Lou had the whole package marked for a price I couldn't walk away from.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Nice! I've been sort of looking for a 49/56. Sort of fits my big-bore semi-auto wartime rifle sort-of-just-turned-out-that-way-by-accident collection (I need a hakim too.) What do you think a decent price w/ all the accessories is? I saw one at Chantilly late last year but I didn't know what it should go for so I passed (went back a couple times and ALMOST pulled the trigger on it before I left.) GB pricing seems all over the map.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Nice! I've been sort of looking for a 49/56. Sort of fits my big-bore semi-auto wartime rifle sort-of-just-turned-out-that-way-by-accident collection (I need a hakim too.) What do you think a decent price w/ all the accessories is? I saw one at Chantilly late last year but I didn't know what it should go for so I passed (went back a couple times and ALMOST pulled the trigger on it before I left.) GB pricing seems all over the map.

I'm definitely no expert, but for my year of watching GB/Armslist: $500 for the rifle should be the average. The kits seemed to go anywhere from $650-750. I paid $699 which to me was reaching but the 100 rounds of ammo made it worthwhile as it was gonna cost me ~$50 for 100 pieces of brass (have plenty of .308 bullets laying around).

Was also pricing out a 36 and last year they were consistent $450-500 and suddenly the last 2 months they are hanging out around $250. Prices on French firearms may be dropping?

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM

$500-600 is pretty standard. .308 conversions are sometimes cheaper, sometimes more.

And don't be afraid of the .308's either...it's been so long that pretty much all of the ones with problems have been fixed.

I have two .308s. Never. NEVER. had a FTF or FTE in 400+ rds...

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Picked one from AIM. Overall great shape, only a couple beavermarks on the stock. Does have a chip in the wood at the very front by the barrel band. All matching.

4 patches and the barrel is spotless....

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom