• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I like the switch better .. I can see it being way back and awkward to push it with trigger finger.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not too sanguine about that set-up. Seems too easy to bump it in/out. Be OK for a range toy, maybe?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Muscle memory. Unless I trained with one all the time I wouldn't want one. Besides, I myself would prefer to stick with the battle proven design over many decades.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I like the switch better .. I can see it being way back and awkward to push it with trigger finger.

If you can get your finger to where the pivot is on the current safety switch, this wouldn't be a problem using.

How much noise does it make? Is this intended for someone that frequently shifts between a shotgun and an AR, giving the AR they same type of safety as the shotgun (Benelli?)

Same click as the switch, this dongle has two detent divots in it.

Not too sanguine about that set-up. Seems too easy to bump it in/out. Be OK for a range toy, maybe?

Since this was mentioned on Brian Enos' site, it's probably something for competition.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Muscle memory. Unless I trained with one all the time I wouldn't want one. Besides, I myself would prefer to stick with the battle proven design over many decades.

Us ol' pharts that trained and used the M16 in the military many years thereof, don't like our M16's and AR15's fukked with, especially if it's gonna' fukk with our muscle memory.

Solution in search of a problem.

THIS ^^^.

Just think M1 Carbine; push button mag release and push button safety...........

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Us ol' pharts that trained and used the M16 in the military many years thereof, don't like our M16's and AR15's fukked with, especially if it's gonna' fukk with our muscle memory.

THIS ^^^.

Just think M1 Carbine; push button mag release and push button safety...........

That goes for us old farts who didn't train with the old M-16s as well.

Push button safety, Bullet button and other such newfangled BS alterations do nothing to enhance the platform. Someone just wants a pretty little red ring on their safety to look at while they go pew pew pew...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That goes for us old farts who didn't train with the old M-16s as well.

Push button safety, Bullet button and other such newfangled BS alterations do nothing to enhance the platform. Someone just wants a pretty little red ring on their safety to look at while they go pew pew pew...

:rofl:

A-Zingggg!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't have a problem with folks making this kind of stuff for the AR platform. If you like it, try it. If it doesn't fit your fancy, keep what you have. What does the story say, you've got to kiss a lot to frogs to find a prince. I can remember when the first polymer mags came out, people were making fun about them. If it wasn't a metal USGI mag, you were wasting your money. That can't be said anymore.

I'm just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom