• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Just because you can cite one other person having the same issue as you, you are making a slam against Dillon? :sad20:

The way to deal with it is to call Dillon first and see what they say. If that doesn't resolve your issue, then ask the membership here. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then feel free to slam a company that has excellent CS.

Personally, you went about it all backwards.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Because it infers a systemic issue. And is complaining about the company and its products, without giving them the chance to make it right.

EVERYONE has issues with products. It is how they handle it.

My flow chart is:

Try to figure it out myself.

Call the company if available. If not, ask for HELP from forum.

If company does not come through, THEN make disparaging remarks online.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My original post. I specified the piece I'm having a problem with.

Specifically the decapping/resizing 9mm die. Certain brass (RWS) won't completely deprime with the Dillon 9mm die, I end up having to use my Lee 10mm die to pop out the primer. Slows down the process when I'm trying to crank out a bunch of ammunition. Which was the whole point of getting the 550. I have not had this problem with the 45 ACP die, will this happen when I move my 40 S&W stuff over?

Just because you can cite one other person having the same issue as you, you are making a slam against Dillon? :sad20:

The way to deal with it is to call Dillon first and see what they say. If that doesn't resolve your issue, then ask the membership here. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then feel free to slam a company that has excellent CS.

Personally, you went about it all backwards.

If you actually read my post instead of scanning it, you'll see I'm stating that it's a problem with a specific die with specific brass. I'm not slamming Dillon, I'm stating there's a problem with how the die is configured that's preventing me from using it properly. And that's one cite, there are others. Other folks here have had the same problem and offered their solutions. Modifying the die's pin is not really a solution, it's a band-aid.

How is being "disappointed" a "slam"?

Thank you.

Because it infers a systemic issue. And is complaining about the company and its products, without giving them the chance to make it right.

EVERYONE has issues with products. It is how they handle it.

My flow chart is:

Try to figure it out myself.

Call the company if available. If not, ask for HELP from forum.

If company does not come through, THEN make disparaging remarks online.

:sad20: It's like when people have a problem with Glocks on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom