• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    There's a thread here about 165gr bullets X-Treme is selling. Might have to pick some of them up for this experiment, too.
    147's over 30yrds drop pretty good over 115/124's. I'm guessing the 165's will be a lot worse. 25 yrds and in should be nice on decent size steel.... The thump should be pretty fun though:D

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I made up 60 rounds, 20 with W231, 20 with Unique, and 20 with Titegroup. Bullets are 147gr LFP from Badman Bullets. Testing was done indoors at Sharpshooters, targets were at 7 yards. Groups with Titegroup were better than the other two powders, same with muzzle blast. It looks like I'll be using Titegroup for 9mm, W231 for .45 ACP, and Unique with .40 S&W. I have enough powder to last me through the year, but I believe I'll be buying four pounds of each as I find them. Thanks for all of your responses.

ETA With W231 and Unique, shots were 2" low at 7 yards. Titegroup was noticeably higher.

Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    147's over 30yrds drop pretty good over 115/124's. I'm guessing the 165's will be a lot worse. 25 yrds and in should be nice on decent size steel.... The thump should be pretty fun though:D

Given a steel power factor floor of 125, a two inches high at 25 yards would give a center hold close in and just below center hold from about 20 yards out to 35 yards. On the 18"x24" steel plate used in the Outer Limits stage, that 35 yard shot would be easily achieved with a good center hold.

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I worked this load up to shoot at GSSF. It shoots a 3/4" group with my Glock 34 at 15 yards.

124 Grain Rainier Hollow points
    3.9gr Hodgdon Titegroup
    CCI-500 Small Pistol Primer
    OAL: 1.125"

Reloading_9mm.jpg

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    147gr Berry's RN over 3.3gr Titegroup @ 1.160" shoots to point of aim in all of my 9mm pistols. I worked up to that recipe years ago and have been very happy with it.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Really.? I drive same distance...

I drive all day long at my job. Last thing I want to do is drive when I'm off. Maybe you can swing by and pick a brotha up next time? ;)

I still owe you a Mexican lunch/dinner anyway from a friendly wager, several years ago. :yummy:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I drive all day long at my job. Last thing I want to do is drive when I'm off. Maybe you can swing by and pick a brotha up next time? ;)

I still owe you a Mexican lunch/dinner anyway from a friendly wager, several years ago. :yummy:

Lol.. That I can understand.. I swear I thought you were closer for some odd reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom