• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Yea but I thought Beretta and FN did that because their military contracts required it?

Yes that too but there are foreign companies like CZ, Arsenal, FB Radom (soon), Mossberg, and others I cannot think of right now at the top of my head that also have facilities stateside as well to avoid import tariffs, taxes, and import laws to make it easier to sell on the U.S. market.

Glock on the other hand doesn't have any military contracts.

Also true but they still have many LEO contracts considering how popular they are in many police departments and I am sure many had stipulations that the guns they acquire be "American" so Glock made a plant in Georgia to qualify them as "American".

And I remember reading that Sig was in trouble with their government for exporting some handguns that was against German law.

They are but it looks like from the grapevine they will be moving their entire operation to their U.S. facility in New Hampshire to avoid Germany's BS laws, regulations, and anti-gun view toward them.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Yes that too but there are foreign companies like CZ, Arsenal, FB Radom (soon), Mossberg, and others I cannot think of right now at the top of my head that also have facilities stateside as well to avoid import tariffs, taxes, and import laws to make it easier to sell on the U.S. market.
    not sure that Mossberg requires stateside facilities, however.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    not sure that Mossberg requires stateside facilities, however.

Never said they require it but they do it since Mossberg is Swedish. Every new gun in the box has a sticker on the buttstock with the Mossberg logo embossed across the Swedish flag which should be a clue :D.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Never said they require it but they do it since Mossberg is Swedish. Every new gun in the box has a sticker on the buttstock with the Mossberg logo embossed across the Swedish flag which should be a clue :D.

Pretty sure Mossberg is an American company started by a Swedish native?

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    i've seen the logo (and i own a couple Mossbergs)... but i'm pretty sure O.F. Mossberg was a Swede who moved here, worked for US companies and then started a company in Connecticut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom