• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    Looking for a Colt HBAR that I can get through a local dealer here in MD. Tyler Firearms seems to be pretty popular and active here...so? Thoughts? Prices? Should I ignore Colt entirely and go with something else?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Take the trip out to Frederick and go to the gun show this weekend. Shooter's Discount will be there. You have choices. You should understand them before setting your mind on one gun. Colt makes a few HBARs. You might like something different than what you had in mind.

Lou is in my mind one of the best IPs here. Sure you can get an HBAR from someone else. But if you want the cat's meow in customer service and experience, go see Lou. Plus you might get to see Mopar. He will be sitting in Lou's lap. Or is it the other way around?

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Since I mainly shoot paper I picked up this Colt Hbar 6601 Match target from Lou, he has or had them for the best price. Very happy with it, perfect function and accurate, I'm only using it with iron sights.

Attachments

• IMG_2672.jpg
      IMG_2672.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 656
    Last edited:

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    We also have MT6601s in stock at $900 cash/check price. Also have Windham HBCs in stock at $850 cash/check price, which come with hard case and are great rifles.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Since I mainly shoot paper I picked up this Colt Hbar 6601 Match target from Lew, he has or had them for the best price. Very happy with it, perfect function and accurate, I'm only using it with iron sights.

These ^^^ are new and cash or check price is $850.00. We have new and used Colt HBARS of various models starting at $799.95 cash or check price.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm I the only one to notice the upside down mag?

NO. That particular mag is not in upside down as it's a double 10 rounder MD compliant mag. You feed from one side 10 rounds, then detach, flip it over, and reinsert for the remaining 10 rounds. This was my idea and Augie gave me some good instructions on how to reliably break 25 out of 25 birds on the trap range so I gave him one of my experimental "10 plus 10" round AR mags.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I'm I the only one to notice the upside down mag?
    I've posted that picture a dozen times and your the first to pick it up, very sharp eyes. I've been wondering when someone would notice.
    I actually like Lou's explanation better, maybe we could make some money with that.:)

Last edited:

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    NO. That particular mag is not in upside down as it's a double 10 rounder MD compliant mag. You feed from one side 10 rounds, then detach, flip it over, and reinsert for the remaining 10 rounds. This was my idea and Augie gave me some good instructions on how to reliably break 25 out of 25 birds on the trap range so I gave him one of my experimental "10 plus 10" round AR mags.

That is a great idea. Do you think something like that could work for a .22LR mag, using 2 full-length columns of shells holding maybe 25 rounds each? Imagine being able to load a whole box into a single mag, even if you did have to flip it over once.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    That is a great idea. Do you think something like that could work for a .22LR mag, using 2 full-length columns of shells holding maybe 25 rounds each? Imagine being able to load a whole box into a single mag, even if you did have to flip it over once.

It's been done befo'. Just look at the M1 Carbine double mag clip.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Nothing new under the sun... :) but clipping 2 mags together isn't exactly what I had in mind. (Or maybe I just could find the right thing when I googled it)

I was thinking that with a 22LR in a mag the same outside dimensions as a standard 223 mag, both stacks of 22LR could fit within the same mag body. The mag wouldn't have to be any longer than a regular 25 or 28 rounder but would hold twice as many cartridges.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    you should get this.:D

Attachments

• ar15 star mag.jpg
      ar15 star mag.jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 576

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I was thinking something that would look like this, with all of the 22 LR rounds inside the same magazine body, using independent springs and followers.

Attachments

• p_100008466_2.jpg
      p_100008466_2.jpg
      10 KB · Views: 546

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

You mean like this, Ruger BX25-2, available at most stores outside the PROM:

Attachments

• BX25-2.jpeg
      BX25-2.jpeg
      16.1 KB · Views: 522

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    While I will also be shooting mostly paper and varmints with the gun, I do want the tactical rail look. It's not exactly easy to figure out which ones are HBARs if the manufacturer isn't advertising it all over the place. However, something like the gun below is what I'm looking for.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 10.44.18 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 10.44.18 PM.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 475

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads