• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    You do! :lol:

If you don't mind asking what rifle has a 16" barrel with a OAL of 26", sounds odd to me.

P.S. we don't need to pin a brake/hider to achieve OAL, also OAL is measured while stocks is fully extended....

Oh believe me.....i know we have it bad...lol ....I'm not sure what rifle comes in at those dimensions....the tavor is the closest I have owned......a moving stock is another evil baby/kitten killer making device that has to be blind pinned in nj to keep it from forcing the owner to commit heinous acts...:banghead: lol

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    I just measured an 18 inch model that I have in stock. Front of the flash hider to the end of the recoil pad is 28 1/2 inches.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Doesn't the Flaming Pig also gas the gun up? You really do not want to overgas a Tavor... Google for "Tavor Face".

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    our semi rifle length is 16" barrel(pinned&welded brake/comp is counted) 26" oal.....

Thats because thats the FEDERAL limit for being a non-NFA (and their pinned/welded rules too.) <16" barrel or <26" OAL is a SBR. Free states use that:(

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It is 3.85" long. With thread taken into consideration. It will add 3.26". That makes it 29.25" long. That should comply with SB281 specs.

How does it make a 16" barrel 0.35" longer than it does on an 18"?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The Tavor with a 16" barrel is 26.15". Add 3.25" to that.

Thats 29.40".

Except, as I stated before, the link (look at the text under the picture) posted says it makes an 18" Tavor 30.85" long. As posted in this thread, an 18" Tavor is either 28" or 28.5" long.

So it only adds 2.35" or 2.85", not 3.25" as in the text at the bottom of the page.

Or, if it makes an 18" Tavor 30.85", then a 16" Tavor at 2" shorter will only be 28.85"

No matter how you cut it, based on the link, it does NOT add 3.25"

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Except, as I stated before, the link (look at the text under the picture) posted says it makes an 18" Tavor 30.85" long. As posted in this thread, an 18" Tavor is either 28" or 28.5" long.

So it only adds 2.35" or 2.85", not 3.25" as in the text at the bottom of the page.

Or, if it makes an 18" Tavor 30.85", then a 16" Tavor at 2" shorter will only be 28.85"

No matter how you cut it, based on the link, it does NOT add 3.25"

Read the lnformation on the link again.... IT ADDS 3.25".... Do the math and stop acting like an asshat

NOTE: Even though the overall length of this is 3.875" part of that is the threads. As you can only count the threaded area once (threads of the item cover the threads on the barrel) the total ADDED LENGTH to any weapons system's barrel would be about 3.25".

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    YOU read the information on the link.

AT THE TOP, UNDER THE PICTURE OF THE TAVOR IT SAYS, "ON AN IWI TAVOR WITH AN 18" BARREL GETS 30.85" OAL."

Yes, at the bottom is says that is increases length 3.25", but the text AT THE TOP says something different.

So I am an asshat for quoting WHAT IT SAYS ON THE PAGE? So what does that make YOU????????

And since you can't seem to read the proper information, here the picture of the Tavor with the associated text:

Attachments

• M86200941.jpg
      M86200941.jpg
      7.8 KB · Views: 316

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    YOU read the information on the link.

AT THE TOP, UNDER THE PICTURE OF THE TAVOR IT SAYS, "ON AN IWI TAVOR WITH AN 18" BARREL GETS 30.85" OAL."

Yes, at the bottom is says that is increases length 3.25", but the text AT THE TOP says something different.

So I am an asshat for quoting WHAT IT SAYS ON THE PAGE? So what does that make YOU????????

And since you can't seem to read the proper information, here the picture of the Tavor with the associated text:

Do the math...

26.15 plus 3.25 equals?

If you can argue that the answer is less than 29 , you are an asshat.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    READ THE TEXT UNDER THE PICTURE. Or even the dimension shown ABOVE THE TAVOR IN THE PICTURE.

I have said several times that yes, the text down below says it adds 3.25".

BUT the TEXT UNDER THE PICTURE, says something different. At least with the Tavor.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    So when does someone come up with a 1/2" longer butt pad to make the 18" barrel legal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom