• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitchugh

Feb 3, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Hows this for Maryland breaking up? I included Frederick Co. because they are always talking about secession. I also included the formation of a new state, Delmarva.

Attachments

• NewMaryland.jpg
      NewMaryland.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 127

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    There needs to be a website like Freestatedinos. Also some efforts in those counties to get the word out and plant the seeds in people's minds :)

I'd love to take OC from the grasps of Annapolis.

Repeal open container laws. Also repeal public nudity laws for women.

Also Poolesville and Damascus can go to Fredneck. Rockville hates us anyways.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Hows this for Maryland breaking up? I included Frederick Co. because they are always talking about secession. I also included the formation of a new state, Delmarva.

Extend WVa into Carroll County please, then I only need to move eight miles to abandon MD.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD

Hey! What the F&*# are you doing leaving Carroll county behind? During election season you can walk from Sykesville to Westminster on conservative supporting yard signs without touching the ground.

Don't leave us!

takemewithyou.jpg

mitchugh

Feb 3, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Ok ok ok, Carroll Co has spoken, haha. Or how about a new state, West Maryland?

Attachments

• NewMaryland2.jpg
      NewMaryland2.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 123
    • WestMaryland.jpg
      WestMaryland.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 117

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    add Harford county to delaware

owe malley hates hazzard county and we pretty much vote republican all the time

might be why he hates harford county
    :lol:

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Boys I'm sorry I haven't read the whole thread. I've been in conversations regarding this situation for a looooong time. Granted, the situation has gotten progressively worse over the years but the bottom line is the feds are not going to admit a new state (well sort of... see below). WV would likely take us but MD is unlikely to allow it.

Somewhere above someone suggested excising MoCo, PG & Balt. and allowing the rest of the state to go on as is. There may be something to THAT idea, sort of:rolleyes:

For decades DC has been whining and crying about not having congressional representation, etc. (never mind the reasons for this they can't understand) but how about this idea... Let's ADD MoCo & PG to DC to create a large enough jurisdiction for statehood. The feds just might finally go for it with such a large totally liberal dem base.
    Without those liberals and government dependents backing them up, we can over ride Baltimore by itself, thus the net effect at the federal level wouldn't change.;)
    Just for good measure we'll place the legislature in Oakland, the governor in Elkton and the court of appeals & Spec. Appeals in Crisfield just to keep em all in line.:innocent0

BTW - there is fairly recent history on the "delmarva" idea. Look it up, it didn't fly but the support is still there and I'd guess stronger than ever.

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    You realize that if you all pull any of this off Maryland will be so liberal that I'll need an act of Congress to buy a Super Soaker here in Anne Arundel County.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Okay guys. I'm making a whole new reply instead of (re) editing my previous one. I'm doing this because my whole attitude is a bit more serious.

After reading some of what ya'll been kicking around and seeing that you have done some homework already, lets get serious!

I mean that. LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT THIS IDEA!!! Let's make the contacts. Lets discuss it with our legislators, WV and our county commissioners. Lets' write letters to the editors of our papers. Let's get a movement started! I'm not crazy about throwing the rest of our brothers from down-state under the bus but losing our Congressman was really the last straw for me. If you live out here you KNOW our state legislators, no matter how much they represent our views, have no voice in Annapolis. Maryland government gives us only what bones they decide to throw our way. The rest of the state takes far more than they give.

Anyone interested in getting together to discuss it? I would encourage any serious action to take a backseat to the current fight over 281 but let's not let this idea fade away.

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    I have kicked this idea around in western MD. One of the issues we would face are parents who like MD schools over WV. We will need to work hard to convince parents that WV schools are good. This could be a tough sell. I have spoken to politicians in WV that are interested in western MD. They have no interest in the MD political baggage.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    I have kicked this idea around in western MD. One of the issues we would face are parents who like MD schools over WV. We will need to work hard to convince parents that WV schools are good. This could be a tough sell. I have spoken to politicians in WV that are interested in western MD. They have no interest in the MD political baggage.

The school argument is easily countered. The Board of Ed will remain the same. The schools won't change just because the name of the State does.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    Okay guys. I'm making a whole new reply instead of (re) editing my previous one. I'm doing this because my whole attitude is a bit more serious.

After reading some of what ya'll been kicking around and seeing that you have done some homework already, lets get serious!

I mean that. LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT THIS IDEA!!! Let's make the contacts. Lets discuss it with our legislators, WV and our county commissioners. Lets' write letters to the editors of our papers. Let's get a movement started! I'm not crazy about throwing the rest of our brothers from down-state under the bus but losing our Congressman was really the last straw for me. If you live out here you KNOW our state legislators, no matter how much they represent our views, have no voice in Annapolis. Maryland government gives us only what bones they decide to throw our way. The rest of the state takes far more than they give.

Anyone interested in getting together to discuss it? I would encourage any serious action to take a backseat to the current fight over 281 but let's not let this idea fade away.

I'm very serious about this. But we'd have to form PACs and the like to generate money. I have very little knowledge in how these things work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom