• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerebus

Tool
    Feb 13, 2008
    Hampstead, MD
    My company (a .gov contractor) is looking for a IT Service Support Engineer, which is just their fancy term for a Help Desk Guy (or Gal). It's at a VA facility here in Frederick MD. If you're interested, shoot me a PM. Unsure of pay rate, but I'll inquire and update.

Copy and paste from our site (sorry for shitty format):

Job Description:

Will provide first and second-tier support (tier 3 when required) to end users for PC, thin client, server, or mainframe applications and hardware incidents.
    Set up and configure IT equipment for classrooms and conference rooms use to meet identified requirements.
    Interact with various OIT support teams such as network services, server, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
    Recommend systems modifications to reduce user problems or enhance end user experience.
    Enter, update and close all tickets associated with service desk requests.
    Provide all required reports in timely fashion. Reports will be clearly and concisely written.
    Support classroom use of SmartBoards. Provide familiarization/training when required.
    Creation of SOP’s and other user oriented documentation.

Technical Skills:

AA Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology or related field) or equivalent experience.
    Microsoft Certified Engineer or equivalent experience.
    Minimum of 1 (up to 5) year in Desktop support experience (tier 1 and 2).
    Extensive knowledge of Windows XP/7, Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010, Visio, Project, Access, and SharePoint, Outlook. Experience should include imaging, software load and configuration, user familiarization and basic troubleshooting.
    Experience working with ITIL based ticketing system.
    Basic understanding of printer server, file server, and Active Directory operations.
    Basic understanding of network fundamentals (router, switch, firewall, VLAN, DHCP, and IP addressing and sub-netting).
    Ability to create clear and concise reports and end user documents.
    Provide basic hardware troubleshooting and diagnostics for desktop, laptop and thin client computers along with associated peripheral equipment.
    Experience with one or more of the following may also be required/desired:
    Video teleconferencing (Tandberg, Jabber, Movi, Live Meeting etc.)
    Live Meeting
    SmartBoard
    McAfee and Symantec Endpoint Encryption
    VPN clients
    Adobe products (Professional, eLearning Suite, Connect)
    Audio systems
    Crestron touch panels
    Thin client support

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'll do it for 75k.

I got 10 years IT experience ranging from help desk to tier 2 and 3 on site to lab and server management and deployment via Ghost and group policy management (I wrote the procedure to for Windows 7 deployments at Towson) as well as purchasing, management and consulting experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom