• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Anyone try out the Beretta ARX 100 yet? What are your thoughts on it?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I bought one out of sheer curiosity. I haven't figured out what I've bought yet. It's totally alien to what I'm used to. How can you have so little steel yet still have a durable rifle?? I mean, it works. My first range trip proved that and it's not nearly so ungainly as it looks but....I can't put my finger on it.....it's just......I don't know. I guess I'm looking at it from an old school perspective. I can say this. It's nowhere near as "smooth" as an HK93.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Chevellenut has 1. I enjoyed shooting his!! I think the common problem is that we like to compare things to what we know ( what's familiar to us) as apposed to accept things the way they are.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Mac did a pretty good review on it over at Military Arms Channel, I played with one at Engage for a bit and if the price came down a bit I would be a player but it is going to take a lot to switch me off my ARs and my Tavor.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm going to keep fiddling with it over the summer. I think I will be more satisfied once I figure out either more precise sights or a red dot. "Accessorizing" is a foreign concept to me. I'm used to buying a rifle or pistol and just going to the range. This thing was obviously designed so that it can be modified to your particular tastes. The back up sights strike me as just that.....backups. As I said, I bought it purely out of curiosity. That and the fact that it's Beretta and military.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    You, sir, are a kook!

Part of the problem with picking sights, whether they be irons or glass, is that there are four billion choices. I have absolutely NO idea where to begin. I don't want to buy fifteen accessories. I just want a low mount red dot and possibly the ability to go from 1-6x magnification. I don't need or want to spent craploads of cash on it either as I have no plans to go into combat anytime soon.

In other words, I just want to shoot and enjoy myself. I don't need or want to be a "tacticool operator" :rolleyes:

So I'm open to suggestions for a starting point.

Feb 28, 2013
    You, sir, are a kook!

Thank you. I try. :):irule:

Part of the problem with picking sights, whether they be irons or glass, is that there are four billion choices. I have absolutely NO idea where to begin. I don't want to buy fifteen accessories. I just want a low mount red dot and possibly the ability to go from 1-6x magnification. I don't need or want to spent craploads of cash on it either as I have no plans to go into combat anytime soon.

In other words, I just want to shoot and enjoy myself. I don't need or want to be a "tacticool operator" :rolleyes:

You mean you don't want to hang everything on thar except the kitchen sink? Don't that kinda defeat the purpose?:innocent0

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I do wish they had incorporated a corkscrew into the design. That would have made it 1 zillion times more cool. I DO like the fact that the receiver is both dishwasher and microwave safe.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    OHHH!!! Yeah!!!! I hadn't thought about that. It should be a very long corkscrew that deploys out the front. GOOD thinking! Maybe battery powered too so that it spins as you use it! I'm driving to Accokeek tomorrow with the idea.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I'll admit, I thought it to be an ugly duckling when I handled one at a gun shop, but upon shooting one it's a nice weapon.

I may end up picking one up one of these days and just run it suppressed.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I'll admit, I thought it to be an ugly duckling when I handled one at a gun shop, but upon shooting one it's a nice weapon.

I may end up picking one up one of these days and just run it suppressed.

I still haven't shot one, but I have a buddy that has all the big-name modern 5.56 "assault rifles" aside from the SCAR. I'd be curious how it compares to the some of the others, especially the SCAR. Looks way more like a Tactical Guppy than the SCAR. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom