• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Everybody is usually interested in PSA. I might actually shoot 2 divisions this year.

yep stock and limited for me, might even have a new open toy to play with there. looking forward!

I did three guns a few years ago when they also allowed shotguns. I really miss that polish plate rack, pure entertainment value seeing that get out of control.

psusra112

Jun 8, 2011
    lol
    Looking forward to getting up to the next match. Friend of mine was up there earlier this month for the shoot and said the new back pitts look great.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    yep stock and limited for me, might even have a new open toy to play with there. looking forward!

I did three guns a few years ago when they also allowed shotguns. I really miss that polish plate rack, pure entertainment value seeing that get out of control.

Got me a new Open division Glock 34. In spite of owning an Open STI also. But this shoots cheap 9mm not the 9x23 I have to reload for the STI. Just have to get used to shooting that tiny dot in the Trijicon RMR. Thinking about shooting limited also but not sure as yet. Could shoot the Bul M-5 double stack that I have done before or my new Dan Wesson 9mm 1911. The 9 rd mags are not that much of a disadvantage considering the number of targets per stage would not require an extra mag change (unless I miss a few).

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Well, my team weenied out, so I'm looking for a team to join. XDm with no optics, AR with removable 1-4 and a Mossberg 500 no optics. If anyone needs a man let me know. Thanks

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    The York 3 Man 3 Gun will be postponed until Saturday, March 28th due to ice accumulation on the ranges. I have studied the conditions at length and looked at the 10 day forecast and I don't believe there is any way we can safely host a match less than three weeks form now. I wanted to give you as much notice as possible.

I have been anxiously watching the conditions and feel it is better to pull the plug sooner rather than later since there is little to no hope of improvement in the near future. There has been a series of thaws and refreezes that have left us with up to 6 inches of ice covering almost all of the surface on most of our ranges. There is only one day of the next 10 that is forecast above freezing and 2 with potential for more snow or wintry mix.

We will be planning on using our first alternative date of Saturday, March 28th to hold the scheduled match. I know this won't suit everyone and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will be refunding entry fees as necessary. If you would like an immediate refund let me know. However, if some of your team can make it we encourage them to attend and we'll match up the loose parts as well as possible. Also, if you want to wait until closer to the 28th, to see if we can have the match that day please do. It is possible we will not be able to shoot that day either.

I'll keep you informed as much as possible, Howard

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Hey all, I'm still trying to jump on a team for the competition. I've tried to contact Howard about jumping on a team, but I'm guessing he's just been too swamped to get back to me. If anybody's still looking for a third or there are two singles out there looking to get something put together, please give me a shout. Thanks.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Now that the match is postponed there are some matches people can shoot as practice before the new date. I firmly believe that starting out with a USPSA, Steel Challenge, or IDPA match is best because you only have to work one firearm. Getting the safety issues down for one is more than half the battle for getting it for all three.
    Also if you do get in without a lot of experience you need to concentrate on making it fun. You will not win it. Only the USAMU could send 3 newbies to the match and actually win it. Don't rush, just make sure you get things done with complete safety.
    Peacemaker's schedule starts in March so there are 3-gun, USPSA, Steel Challenge, IDPA, and USCA events that can be entered before the new date. Practice reloading the shotgun as that is the thing that slows up 3-gun shooters the most. Its the only firearm that takes longer to reload under the clock than it does to shoot (unless you have a Saiga or an MK1919A)

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    This just in from our blog, ww.yorkpisto.blogspot.com.

From Match Director Howard.

Yesterday several of us went to the range and surveyed the situation in our pits. With the remaining snow and ice there is no way we will be able to dry, grade, and stone the pits in time for the proposed date of March 28th which is less than two weeks away. Therefore we will reluctantly be postponing this match again. I won't even venture to guess as to when the next make up date will be at this time. We are exploring several possibilities. Please trust that we will give you ample time to prepare, and if for some reason your team can't make it we will gladly refund your entry fees.

Thank you for your understanding. I've learned my lesson about scheduling matches in March.

-I assure you this match will happen this year -g

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom