What can we learn from the Bundy ranch situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One thing that is apparent is we are living in a period of middle class anarchy. Ranchers aren't the usual underclass revolutionaries, but here they are threatening government agents and winning (well, for now). These are responsible adults that wouldn't don black masks and throw rocks through bank windows, but are engaging in more direct confrontation than those protesters ever did.

You can also see this in those that are opting-out in NY and CT gun registries. These are all normally law-abiding folk that society depends on to keep things running - and they are realize they are being played for suckers and going "on strike". Expect to see more - maybe not organized, but little acts of resistance and ignoring the law.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    One thing that is apparent is we are living in a period of middle class anarchy. Ranchers aren't the usual underclass revolutionaries, but here they are threatening government agents and winning (well, for now). These are responsible adults that wouldn't don black masks and throw rocks through bank windows, but are engaging in more direct confrontation than those protesters ever did.

You can also see this in those that are opting-out in NY and CT gun registries. These are all normally law-abiding folk that society depends on to keep things running - and they are realize they are being played for suckers and going "on strike". Expect to see more - maybe not organized, but little acts of resistance and ignoring the law.

Once one concludes the government is no longer valid (i.e. the official govt violates the very document that gives it validity) there is no longer a moral imperative to follow the laws imposed by that govt.

Rob.

soco

May 21, 2012
    You all know we are fvcked here, right? The intent of our country was SPELLED OUT that the government is supposed to fear the people. However, as I think most of us agree, the government is pretty much solely interested in continuing to have the power that it does. They will do whatever it takes to keep the people in line.

I'm not saying concentration camps, I'm saying things like monitoring everyone's communications dragnet-style, and paying more attention to the dissenters. "domestic terrorists". Shit, the very idea of terrorism being played up as much as it is! Its orwellian.

So, we see that the Fed AWB sunsets, and the people are not for another. The government decides, "well since we want a docile populace that is squarely under the yolk we placed, it would be easier to keep em in line by letting the loud ones have guns. Its not like they have the armored personnel carriers our sherrifs depts now have, nor fully automatics. A revolution is unlikely."

What this did was show us, them, and the world that if push comes to shove people are willing to stand up to the government. Armed insurrection isn't just a hilarious joke to them now. Combine that with growing numbers of poor, disenfranchised gun owners, more guns being sold now than ever before, a sh!tty and sinking economy, and international tensions, and the US government now has urgency.

They MUST stop gun ownership in this country. This has to be very high on their priorities right now. If they cant do it outright, ban lead smelting (done). Start restricting ammo importation (being done). Attempt mass registration (being proposed). Start trying to use peoples mental health as a quantifier for gun ownership when THEY DRAFT THE QUALIFICATIONS (being done).

They have been picking away idly, shooting for one day. I have a feeling that "one day" just got moved a hell of a lot closer. I think the Bundy ranch will prove to have been very bad for the 2nd ammendment as we know it down the line.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Like I've been saying since its inception, they're going to use the GWB Patriot Act against us.

"Domestic Terrorism" is clearly defined in the GWB Patriot Act.

Maybe you should have listened to people when you were told the GWB Patriot Act was a really bad idea.

Harry Reid didn't just pull the term "Domestic Terrorist" out of his Ass (as in animal).

There was an Evil Genius purpose behind it.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Like I've been saying since its inception, they're going to use the GWB Patriot Act against us.

"Domestic Terrorism" is clearly defined in the GWB Patriot Act.

Maybe you should have listened to people when you were told the GWB Patriot Act was a really bad idea.

Harry Reid didn't just pull the term "Domestic Terrorist" out of his Ass (as in animal).

There was an Evil Genius purpose behind it.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with this. This is a VERY calculated move.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    At one point a couple of years ago, I had that thought. The revolution will come not in the form of armed battles, but in the form of people just saying "fuggit" to the stupid nanny-laws. Maybe even the cops and LEOs and courts refusing to enforce those laws.

Sort of just a peaceful, en-masse instance of, "we're not listening to you any more", where the law-books coming out of places like DC or Annapolis are just kind of pieced up and local areas decide whether or not to follow/enforce each part.

Eric Holder agrees with you by selectively enforcing the laws of the United States.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I wonder how many ranchers who have paid grazing fees since 1993 will file suit against the government to recoup those fees?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Dan Bongino has a very good take on it. Sorry if dupe, here it is:

Regarding the Bundy family in Nevada:

First, this is not a question of law, but the process by which laws are enforced and the methods used to enforce them. Sadly, many Americans are questioning if the process is fair, equal and apolitical in application?

Many patriotic and previously apolitical Americans are frustrated and are questioning if it is a more accurate expression of fidelity to our Constitution, and the rule of law, by violating the law in support of a larger principle?

When the administration consistently ignores clearly written laws, yet expects you to vigorously follow the letter of the law in an alphabet they no longer use, are we in a society of laws or just laws that apply to you?

I hope some of the DC elites read this because we are a country of genuinely good and law-abiding people who just want to know that their voice is heard and that the process is not rigged. Labeling Americans who speak out, and are frustrated at a process that seems to only apply to them and not the connected few, racists, terrorists and other terrible names, is not leadership or courageous.

Maybe when their voices and their access to the process stops being drowned out by the voices of the cronyists and politically connected we can reach a place where a land-use disagreement such as the situation in Nevada doesn't escalate as it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom