• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    With the October 1st rush I talked my father into buying an AR, well two to be exact. He figured why not, at 61 years old and retired what a better time to buy your first AR? Lol He ordered his WOA upper and waited the long 5 months.

We both have the same upper and have been doing some load testing and found a load that works. I talked him into Fclass and the first match if the year is this coming Saturday. I wanted to get him more comfy shooting prone and at a distance greater than 100 yards so we could measure group size. Headed up early to Peacemaker this past Saturday and threw some targets up.

The holes were too small to see with the spotting scope at 300 yards and I really didn't give it much attention until tonight. HOLLY crap the blind old man can shoot LOL! I am soo proud and excited for the match!!!!

Here is the target at 300 yards... 1.145" group or .36MOA! Supposed to be a 5 shot group but he clearly pulled one shot and called it. I can't wipe the smile off my face!!!!!!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    My WOA upper is also an incredible shooter. Definitely worth the wait. Kudos to the shooter also. Groups like that just don't shoot themselves.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Supposed to be a 5 shit

heuheuheuheuheu.jpg

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    there we go. like pullin teef. :P

looking at an SSA-E for the pdog build (Lothar-Walther barrel with matched bolt), since I found a place where I can get one (.mil discount) for far less than anywhere else sells the "standard" SSA....

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have an ACT in my WOA build and I badly want to try an SSA-E or other possibilities just have a hard time justifying the money for one right now :(

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    my 16" "accuracy" build has an ACT with JP 3.5# reliability springs. the 20" LW will get the SSA-E.

Once they're in MD, you're welcome to shoot both side by side to see how the triggers compare. Mid-June.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    i don't wear underwear if that's what you're asking.

otherwise i have no idea what that means. if it's a 4chan thing, definitely not. i don't visit that site and i highly recommend you don't either. it's not what you think it is. that's all i'm saying publicly.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    there we go. like pullin teef. :P

looking at an SSA-E for the pdog build (Lothar-Walther barrel with matched bolt), since I found a place where I can get one (.mil discount) for far less than anywhere else sells the "standard" SSA....

Triggers are personal preference but do play a factor in accuracy for sure. I'm used to light single stage triggers.

My thought process is to put the timney in my carbine so I can shoot 4k round in .02 seconds with the short reset. I've got some more lowers to build, one being more of an 18" 3gun ar....and that will probably get the 3gun trigger.

In summary I don't know wtf i'm going to end up with in regards to triggers.

I have an ACT in my WOA build and I badly want to try an SSA-E or other possibilities just have a hard time justifying the money for one right now :(

My father has the ACT in his carbine, its better than the standard trigger but not a SSA-E.

You both are welcome to shoot mine at the range, but I go to peacemaker in WV, might be a haul for either of you. Once you shoot the SSA-E, you will buy one haha.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    i don't wear underwear if that's what you're asking.

otherwise i have no idea what that means. if it's a 4chan thing, definitely not. i don't visit that site and i highly recommend you don't either. it's not what you think it is. that's all i'm saying publicly.

I was going to be shocked if you were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom