• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMoon

Feb 22, 2014
    Thinking about getting one. I didn't see many threads about it when I searched and haven't found too many reviews on it through google. My pops just got a colt 6721, the specs on the two guns look similar in terms of weight, size, etc. is the HBC a quality rifle? If anyone owns both the colt and the windham, how do they compare? The windhams sell for $760 on sportsman outdoor superstore so if I can get a quality rifle for cheaper than the colt, that would be nice.

Also, does anyone know of any other rifles that are classified as HBAR? I've searched google for a, 'list of HBAR rifles' and have come up with nothing.

Thanks

And yes before people start asking, I am the guy who a bunch of people got mad at for asking if I needed an AR

Thanks again

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The HBC is very nice. As just said, built as well as Colt. I assume you know Windham is the real Bushmaster, owned and operated by Dick Dyke in Windham, Maine.

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    I own one and it shoots both brass and steel casing ammo all day long.
    I highly recommend WW. I think they are ranked right up there with Colt, Noveske, DD and all other marketable brands. I own the other brands and can easily compare them. Buy one!

windyhill

Mar 24, 2011
    Both are great rifles. Forged R.E., staked castle nut, MPI bolt, H buffer are what makes the Colt cost more...

bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    I have the Windham and love it.. right out of the box at 50yds it was a 3inch pattern with the iron sites.. just take the same advice i got from Gun Connection guys..take it apart, clean it up good and lube it up before shooting it. I am pleased with it enough that i am looking to see if they make a 458socom..
    my opinion only..

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I own one and it shoots both brass and steel casing ammo all day long.
    I highly recommend WW. I think they are ranked right up there with Colt, Noveske, DD and all other marketable brands. I own the other brands and can easily compare them. Buy one!

Seriously.... Noveske? Daniel Defense?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

JMoon

Feb 22, 2014
    alright, the other question I have regarding ARs in general is a concern about reliability. I don't recall reading anything to support my concern, however when I look at ARs I cant help but feel like they are complex machines with many small parts that could be subject to failure. I know this is possible in any firearm but I feel like ARs especially might have this problem.

Since you all own ARs, can you tell me how much maintenance is required for one? also, do you have to replace parts often?

Thanks guys, I just want to know what I'm getting into when I put down the money for one.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    alright, the other question I have regarding ARs in general is a concern about reliability. I don't recall reading anything to support my concern, however when I look at ARs I cant help but feel like they are complex machines with many small parts that could be subject to failure. I know this is possible in any firearm but I feel like ARs especially might have this problem.

Since you all own ARs, can you tell me how much maintenance is required for one? also, do you have to replace parts often?

Thanks guys, I just want to know what I'm getting into when I put down the money for one.

I had similar concerns when I picked up my WW. Bolt is the only part with really small parts. get a cleaning mat, read the manual, make sure you have all the tools needed and take your time. Now that ive broken it down several times now each time moves a bit quicker than the last.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Nah man. They're easy to maintain. Just clean the BCG and run a few patches through the barrel every couple hundred rounds.

Just keep her wet and she'll be good for thousands of rounds.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

JMoon

Feb 22, 2014
    By the way, what kind of price should I be looking for? United guns has them for 794+tax. Is that reasonable? There are a few online stores I could transfer from but after transfer fees it's only about $20 difference (at a $50 transfer fee). I am a broke college student so I will take any savings I can get! What did you guys pay for yours?

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Picked one up from Duffys a couple of weeks ago. Seems like a great gun, no issues with a 1000 ish rounds so far. Build quality seems flawless.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom