HB62 License Issued by Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or 2 West Virginia – Recipro

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I appreciate his enthusiasm, but........

Firstly, there is no longer such a thing as a "regulated" firearm. Second, this is very much in your face" and is exactly the kind of thing that will get jammed in the drawer.

How about just the old standby, Strike "Good & Substantial"?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Isn't a handgun a regulated firearm? And a regulated firearm owned before 10-1 is still a regulated firearm is it not? Now banned for sale but still considered a regulated firearm.

I see the proposed law makes no distinction for non resident permits or did I miss something? If that's the case, I assume carry in MD on a VA NR permit would be legal?

Feb 28, 2013
    That alone will kill this bill.

If by some miracle it made it out of committee, it would not be without an amendment to specify that PA/VA/WV/DE RESIDENT permits would be honored. There is √-1 chance of Maryland allowing its OWN subjects to have their civil rights restored by a neighboring state.

Well, PA doesn't even allow that.

I can carry in PA my UT permit, but my brother can't because he lives there.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't see this going anywhere especially in light of an allowance for NR permit carry.

But thanks to Delegate Mike for trying.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The purpose is to get hearings. Hearings often result in grandstanding. Grandstanding often results in useful information... useful in court perhaps..

This more than just noise...

Meanwhile what if a Virginian were to sue Maryland for denial of civil rights under 2a.? Think the debate may be of use to that litigation?

I am pushing for national carry because I know what that will do to the " red with blood " argument. It will also hurt mom nationally ( not that he needs any help there).

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Isn't that what GURA tried in Woolard? That didn't go well.

So give up.
    Or don't.
    But... the claim of a citizen of a foriegn state, backed by the AG of that state is more likely to get cert.

And not getting cert is not my definition of not doing so well. It just means the court is not ready.. as I have opined elsewhere I think its because Roberts is afraid to go to far to fast and make another highly politicised decision. I also think he is wrong and is placing the union at risk of a constitutional convention....but there nothing I can do.

Make no mistake-- Roberts does not want to do what he knows he must. If he thinks we will give up he will let us.

We must show the court that there is no way out... they must decide and then we must decide if we will move to a ConCon over it.

No giving up.

SpecialJ79

Feb 20, 2013
    SoMD
    HB62 License Issued by Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or 2 West Virginia –...

Hell I'd love to sue the state. As a VA resident stationed here, it kills me that my VA Resident CHP is no good in this state.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    Unnecessary legislation IF Congress will pass a National Reciprocity bill.

"National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013 (Introduced in House - IH)[H.R.2959.IH]"

Just like driver's licenses, issued in your home state, valid in all states.

It is as simple as that and that's what our second amendment is all about.

K.I.S.S.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    I appreciate his enthusiasm, but........

Firstly, there is no longer such a thing as a "regulated" firearm. Second, this is very much in your face" and is exactly the kind of thing that will get jammed in the drawer.

How about just the old standby, Strike "Good & Substantial"?

Mikes got that one prefiles too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    The purpose is to get hearings. Hearings often result in grandstanding. Grandstanding often results in useful information... useful in court perhaps..

This more than just noise...

Meanwhile what if a Virginian were to sue Maryland for denial of civil rights under 2a.? Think the debate may be of use to that litigation?

I am pushing for national carry because I know what that will do to the " red with blood " argument. It will also hurt mom nationally ( not that he needs any help there).

Smigs has a number of reasons for filing the bill...not the least of which is driving the discussion. But make no mistake he will fight for this bill and he can't do it without your help.

I'll post the date of the hearing-we will need people to testify both in person and in writing. If you can do either, please either call/text me at 410-490-2734 or pm me here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom