• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    According to abc the backlog is almost caught up. Lol it's amazing that they got so much done with roughy 2 weeks left. Link to follow

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    We should all go out this week and Buy 86,000 High points just to jam up the back log!

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I don't known what to think. I'm sure they have made progress especially since they handed out our information like ****ing candy. Assuming they have made great progress governor douche did exactly what he wanted, greatly slow down the amount of guns. And of course in reality governor douche is gun sales man of the year

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    It depends on what your definition of "caught up" is

Maryland State Police spokesman Gregg Shipley said that five state agencies assisted police with inputting approximately 38,000 applications into the system, which will free up state police personnel to concentrate on the background check portion of the permitting process..

:sad20::lol2::sad20:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It depends on what your definition of "caught up" is

:sad20::lol2::sad20:

If there are 38,000 applications, the article says it takes about 45 min per background check, thats over 700 man-weeks. How many people are processing applications? They will be doing this well into Oct.

Caught up does not mean what they think it means.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Guess they are starting to fear all the possible lawsuits that could hit them when people want to pick up their guns without the license.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Maybe caught up with inputting, but no way near caught up with vetting as ND. The proof is in the issued ND's

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    If there are 38,000 applications, the article says it takes about 45 min per background check, thats over 700 man-weeks. How many people are processing applications? They will be doing this well into Oct.

Caught up does not mean what they think it means.

Add to that the chance of typos or wrong info inputted by the "volunteers" that compromised our data slowing the BG check process down.............

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    They are caught up with putting then in the system. No checks have been done. What a joke.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    It's like my kid telling me she's "almost caught up on her homework "by saying she just got out of be so now she can concentrate on getting her homework done.
    :lol2:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The only way they can catch up is to stop doing the 17 different agency checks, and just do the NICS. This would be 5 min per application.

No matter how many people they throw at it they cannot get it done at 45 min an application.

They also have a free week from the 23rd to the 30th, where no handguns will be sold. Dealers will be low on inventory and buyers will be low on funds.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    "Gun Permit Applications"? who's getting permits???

See, this is the kinda crap that just infuriates me. Can't these reporters at least get the terms right???

Rummaging around in databases and getting the faxes out seem to be much bigger hurdles than entering the data.

They always report the date they are working on on their page, when the faxes lag incredibly (sometimes up to 2 weeks).

This is like saying a 5 course meal is ready because I just went to the store and purchased the ingredients. Grrrrr!

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    The only way they can catch up is to stop doing the 17 different agency checks, and just do the NICS. This would be 5 min per application.

No matter how many people they throw at it they cannot get it done at 45 min an application.

They also have a free week from the 23rd to the 30th, where no handguns will be sold. Dealers will be low on inventory and buyers will be low on funds.

Folks will still be buying lowers and rifles...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm waiting by the telephone ...

For a call from my FFL in 3, 2, 1 ... <crickets>

Let's try that again ...

For a call from my FFL in 3, 2, 1 ... <dead silence>

Check the phone ... yep, there's a dialtone ...

For a call from my FFL in 3, 2, 1 ... <could ABC2news be telling a fib ?>

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom