Legality of carrying/possessing a firearm in a state park.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Me and my wife are looking at doing some camping this year and renting a few cabins, and I want to know if I can bring a rifle and/or pistol with us. If I'm not able to carry it on me, am I able to keep it in the cabin?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I believe it all depends on if the cabin meets the definition of temporary residence, but Ive forgotten alot of that ********.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Me and my wife are looking at doing some camping this year and renting a few cabins, and I want to know if I can bring a rifle and/or pistol with us. If I'm not able to carry it on me, am I able to keep it in the cabin?

Assuming you are talking about being in MD....

My personal opinion (which, of course, is worth exactly what you're paying for it) is that you will be 'domiciled' there, therefore it will be legal.

It will be for the confines of the Cabin, of course, and brings into question what to do while you are out-and-about.

So overall, IMO, you are treading a grey area.

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Yes, for now it will be in Maryland. Hard for us to get away these days. I'm well aware that its a very grey area, gotta love the people's republic of Marylands unspecfic laws. I can settle on keeping it in the cabin. Ive read that to carry in the park I'd need a hunters license.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    Green Ridge State Park has both camping and a gun range. So I suppose technically you can go camping, and be transporting your firearms to a gun range at the same time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Be very careful to secure the firearm in the cabin if you are going to be out and about.

Maybe a cabled and padlocked lock box?

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    Thanks for everyones input on this. Its impossible to try to interpret something that was written to confuse us. I most definitely will have it locked and secured when I'm not around, its standard practice in my house anyway save for a few for security.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom