• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Easy to read between the lines.

There was a time in our not-too-distant past when, as a society, we operated under the belief that domestic violence and sexual assault – as long as it wasn’t happening in our homes and to our family members – wasn’t our problem to solve.

Today, we know that personal violence destroys not just individual homes and individual lives, but communities. It does lasting harm to our children, and forces too many Marylanders to live in fear. Changing our culture of violence starts in our homes and in our neighborhoods – each of us, no matter where we live, needs to do more to stand up, speak out, and stop domestic violence and sexual assault.

But the commitment cannot – and will not – end there. Government’s most important responsibility is to protect its citizens, and that includes working to end domestic violence and sexual assault in all of our communities.

Over the past seven years, we’ve made tremendous progress in this effort. We’ve removed guns from the hands of abusers, allowed victims to receive unemployment insurance, provided tenants who are victims with the ability to break their lease, given judges the ability to mark a case as “domestically related” in order to better track patterns of abuse, and worked with law enforcement officials and advocates to implement the life-saving Lethality Assessment Program in jurisdictions throughout Maryland.

The results are clear: we’ve seen a 20% decrease in domestic violence-related assaults, and a 32% decrease in the number of women and children who have lost their lives due to homicide.

But for all of our success, we still have work to do. We’re going to end domestic violence in Maryland by passing laws that protect victims and survivors, deterring and holding abusers accountable and making resources available to anyone who needs help.

Too many families have been devastated by domestic violence, including mine. When my cousin Cathy was shot and killed by her estranged boyfriend five years ago, I knew that loss would stay with us forever.

We can’t bring back victims like Cathy, but we honor their memories by working, each and every day, to end domestic violence throughout our state.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Now that we have that gun and violence issue settled, Mr Brown, how about you tell us about all your hard work on creating the Maryland Obamacare Exchange for $125 Million and according to you, making it one of the best state healthcare exchanges before scrapping it for the Connecticut system?

Then please tell us the success of signing up only 60,000 versus the 73,000 Marylanders that lost their healthcare thanks to your best efforts?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Doug Gansler was on WMAL and swinging hard on Tony B and the GA for protecting his butt.

Maybe if Gansler would swing right on 2A like he is doing on taxes, he could be a Blue Dog or even a DINO....you never know. Politics makes strange bedfellows.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Doug Gansler was on WMAL and swinging hard on Tony B and the GA for protecting his butt.

Maybe if Gansler would swing right on 2A like he is doing on taxes, he could be a Blue Dog or even a DINO....you never know. Politics makes strange bedfellows.

If Dougie Gansler swung right on 2A, would you believe him?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    If Dougie Gansler swung right on 2A, would you believe him?

Shesh, Yea and Monkeys could fly out of my butt too:lol2:

Sorry, I forgot the sarcasm emoticon.

True "Blue Dogs" that earned a NRA "A" are a thing of the past in Maryland since Walter Baker and Phil Jimeno retired. And I think the DINO is a joke without any real, deal Conservative Democrats in the State House.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I cringe every time Brown's commercial is on and see it for the obvious gun grabbing scheme that it is. Why would anyone think Brown is worthy of the governorship after the millions wasted on O care only to be scuttled and replaced with a Connecticut model? I dislike this guy intensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom