• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I see several classes for "Women on Target" Shotgun Classes.
    I, unfortunately am a part of that oppressed minority - I am a male. Also, I did not have a father or uncle who was an avid hunter. Does anyone offer shotgun classes for men?

I have considered getting a shotgun for home defense. But I don't want a weapon in the house that I don't know how to handle.

johnlax38

NOOB
    Nov 19, 2013
    Crofton, MD
    The PG shot gun range has a great beginners course for trap/clays. Its like 40/60 bucks and you can use their rifle. After the course go shoot some wobble trap and try different guns for a flat rental fee. This way you will know what you like to shoot.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I know nothing in the area of where you live to help you.

But I applaud the effort to get good safe training before putting a gun in your hands.

Hopefully one of the IP's here who does firearm training can help you.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    The PG shot gun range has a great beginners course for trap/clays. Its like 40/60 bucks and you can use their rifle. After the course go shoot some wobble trap and try different guns for a flat rental fee. This way you will know what you like to shoot.
    I was going to make the same suggestion. It will give you an idea of the shotgun's other sporting uses as well as an introduction. http://www.pgparks.com/Things_To_Do/Sports/Trap_and_Skeet.htm

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Depending on what you want to do, there are always folks at the AGC public trap (Sat/Sun noon-4PM and Wed 6PM-9PM) who are willing to show a person how to shoot trap. All you need to do is bring the shells or buy them there ($7.00 per box).

If you want a basic intro to shotgun, you can sign up for an NRA Basic Shotgun or FIRST STEPS Shotgun class. I had one in July.

donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    THANK YOU!

O.K. I've got two good options. I'll take a ride down to the Prince George Range Monday or Tuesday to see what they offer and the next NRA Basic Shotgun is August 8. I'm sure one of them will work for me.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

:P

OK, I'm done trolling the people who are actually providing useful information. :o

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Depending on what you want to do, there are always folks at the AGC public trap (Sat/Sun noon-4PM and Wed 6PM-9PM) who are willing to show a person how to shoot trap. All you need to do is bring the shells or buy them there ($7.00 per box).

If you want a basic intro to shotgun, you can sign up for an NRA Basic Shotgun or FIRST STEPS Shotgun class. I had one in July.

NINE DOLLARS for a box of ammo at the AGC now days.

After you take your basic shot gun class I would be happy to let you use my 870 at the AGC for trap.

AGC trap ammo requirements are 7.5,8, or 9 size shot and MV of less then 1200 f/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom