• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Just got back from show, it was a packed house. I saw Simply Zombie, FreeState and Lou there. Lou had some very good deals on both new and used guns. There was a hint of urgency in the air as far as ammo, ar's, HD-Shotguns. I didn't see any real great deals in those areas. One guy had 2 Ruger 1911's for sale, he also had springfiled RO 1911's for 200 more than Lou's price. Talked to the guys at Precision Firearms. They had decent stock on Ar stuff, but said it was 2009 all over. He said he was struggling to get receivers even after paying in advance. I guess this will continue until next year. Still good to browse hardware for a few hours.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    It was extremely busy there today. Packed "nut to butt", hard to walk in some places. Picked up a few goodies for my AR build since I found out I won my bid on GunBroker for a lower. Almost freaked out because I thought the ATM ran out of money, but then it proceeded to disperse again, half of it on the floor. :lol2: Be careful using that thing!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Rumor has it that Bob Ehrlich will be at the show today for something; IIRC, a book signing???:shrug:

Saw a pallet of .50 ammo cans, don't know price.

I guess that ^^^^^ Ehrlich thing WAS a rumor though I heard that Andy Harris was floating around the building.

Lou - are those "new" Springers?

OOOOPPPSS!!!!!! Sorry about that, they are NEW Springers.

One guy had 2 Ruger 1911's for sale, he also had springfiled RO 1911's for 200 more than Lou's price.

Now that's a BIG OUCH!!!!!:sad20: I hope that dealer at least included a GREAT BIG tube of KY with each of his Springer RO's.:lol2:

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    got some paracord and some 8x56r for my steyr, not much else. wanted to buy some mags for my ak-74 but the mag guy wanted 22 bucks for a 20 rounder. i will wait for the VA show. all in all it was ok. just wanted to look around anyway.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Lots and lots of people. I guess its an effect of the Nov elections. Lots of women there which is atypical. No ammo deals to be had though. Gun prices were ok.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    good show. very busy! nice to talk to the md shooters who stopped by.
    definately panic buying going on.
    have to see what tomorrow looks like.
    hope to see ya there~!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    definately panic buying going on.

By no means would I call it "panic buying", but buying with some sense of urgrency to prevent the "panic buying" as after the Novenber 2008 election.

BTW, was that you flipping me the bird on 83 South this afternoon????????

Last edited:

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I went to the Timonium gun show and a knife show broke out. That nut chick is selling some good stuff though. Harrisburg twice the size and I spent about the same amount at both. You gotta look and figure out what is a good or fair price for anything. The food totally sucked!!! I glad Freestate was there. Talked to a chick who was very nice.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    By no means would I call it "panic buying", but buying with some sense of urgrency to prevent the "panic buying" as after the Novenber 2008 election.

BTW, was that you flipping me the bird on 83 South this afternoon????????[/QUOTE]

only after you cut me off!:D
    you is some carzy sumobitch wey you is drivin!:shocked2:

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Andy Harris arrived at the show at the same time I did around 8:40 a.m. We walked in together.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Went with my Brother but didn't stay long because I wasn't feeling well. Got some cleaning supplies and targets from the Top-hat table. I was considering a Glock 21 from Shooters Discount, but decided I didn't want another caliber right now.
    What's with the older couple in the back on the left wall? There stuff was so overpriced it was silly. Hi-Point pistols for $275 and a Kel-Tec PLR-16 for almost $1000.
    There was a Ruger 10-22 takedown rifle for $399. (back left 2nd row in I think)
    Plenty of knives and other junk. My brother got a few re-usable hand warmer things - guy have him a deal 4 for $20 and when we got home one was missing the "clicker" inside that activates the chemical...
    Ammo:
    I was looking for 7.62x54 a few places were selling the 440 spam cans for $99. I asked one jerk about what looked like 4 cans on his table and he gruffly told me they were NOT FOR SALE. OK a-hole, then why are they on the table or why did you bring them? Anyway ended up paying $85 OTD for one can from CNC Survival Supply - John was a nice guy to deal with. He also had some 9mm JHP Federal 115 9BP for $320 a case. I wanted to split one with my brother, but he was getting other stuff. If anyone wants to split a case in the baltimore/AA co area, I'm game. Pretty sure it's the same stuff as this: http://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-grain-jhp-federal-classic-personal-defense-1000-rounds
    I thought maybe case pricing might be better than individual 50rnd boxes. At one place I asked for a case price and he got out a calculator and multiplied the 50 rnd price by 20. Gee thanks buddy. :rolleyes:
    It was pretty crowded. I saw an old guy walking with a rifle for sale. I asked what it was and he said "A GUN" and walked away.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    A lot of overpriced crap. I think i'll stick to PA shows from now on. Tried to negotiate with a few tables and most sellers seemed insulted. Oh well, I'll just keep my business elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    i just got back with my son.....it was OK. i bought nothing. I was looking for a nice K98 but no luck....the nice ones were in the $700 and thats just too much for me. I thought thet ammo was overpriced too, I got it cheaper at Walmart the other day.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    This is where you get ammo cans

Maryland, May 10 – 12, 2012: 39th Annual East Coast Military Vehicle Rally & Flea Market at Aberdeen’s Ripken Stadium, For more information visit http://www.militaryvehicleshow.com/

This show is awesome I go on friday and saturday every year . If you want ammo cans , packs or milsurp in general its the place to go . I always come home with a truckload of stuff I didnt know I needed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom