CELEBRATE! O'MALLEY'S LAST DAY JAN 21 2015!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd

Attachments

• mdsign.jpg
      mdsign.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 208

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    :thumbsup:

Any rally must be hyper dignified. No crowing.. think changing of the guard..the point can be made. But it must be hyper dignified..

Sounds far more like a funeral than a celebration to me.

I'd envision something more like a raucous marching band, with lots of brass (to cymbalise the chutzpah of the state Democratic Overlords) and O'Malley's photo on the big bass drum. Whack it hard.

But let's not crow. We wouldn't want to annoy anyone in power.

So merely wear black, and carry a coffin filled with O'Malley's presidential aspirations.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    :thumbsup:

Any rally must be hyper dignified. No crowing.. think changing of the guard..the point can be made. But it must be hyper dignified..

If you can't do it that way... don't go.

I plan to attend the opening session.. but hyper diginifed.

Sounds like a tea party rally, except instead of anger and Revolutionary War garb we have tuxedos, British accents, monocles, and, of course, earl gray tea.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Sounds far more like a funeral than a celebration to me.

I'd envision something more like a raucous marching band, with lots of brass (to cymbalise the chutzpah of the state Democratic Overlords) and O'Malley's photo on the big bass drum. Whack it hard.

But let's not crow. We wouldn't want to annoy anyone in power.

So merely wear black, and carry a coffin filled with O'Malley's presidential aspirations.

Nothing will infuriate the oposition more than showing the class they will never have.

If we do this its the kick off of Hogan reelection campaign. Hogan's hero's not Hogan holigauans

Celebrate in private. As as funeral goes.. yes let us be pall bearers at for moms politcal career.. let us set the task of erasing his legacy.

And know as well what the press will see..citizen s men and women adults going about the honorable task of putting wrong right. Just as no joy is taken at putting out the trash so should we to this task.

Now again to be joyful is to empower them.. they will know they pissed us off...

No they made us work...the task needed doing... but they are not worth the effort of celebration.. and we are thier to haul way the body... and erase the legacy...to put out the trash.. nothing more.

Celabrate in private.. I will send a much more powerful message if we show up with resolve.

Crowing does not annoy anyone in power it just makes you look small and petty.. like mom himself..

This is how I see it.

You can do other wise of course ...

Cyndi59

Talking of putting out the trash..not that it matters,I had to laugh while driving down rt.40 south from Newcastle to B-town..some guy standing in the middle island holding a hefty trashbag with O'Malley's name stenciled on it..wished I'd gotten a pic of him to post on here..that surely would had gotten a few comments.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Nothing will infuriate the oposition more than showing the class they will never have.

If we do this its the kick off of Hogan reelection campaign. Hogan's hero's not Hogan holigauans

Celebrate in private. As as funeral goes.. yes let us be pall bearers at for moms politcal career.. let us set the task of erasing his legacy.

And know as well what the press will see..citizen s men and women adults going about the honorable task of putting wrong right. Just as no joy is taken at putting out the trash so should we to this task.

Now again to be joyful is to empower them.. they will know they pissed us off...

No they made us work...the task needed doing... but they are not worth the effort of celebration.. and we are thier to haul way the body... and erase the legacy...to put out the trash.. nothing more.

Celabrate in private.. I will send a much more powerful message if we show up with resolve.

Crowing does not annoy anyone in power it just makes you look small and petty.. like mom himself..

This is how I see it.

You can do other wise of course ...

I tend to disagree. I'm not suggesting a celebration with fireworks and a raucous Mariachi band marching through downtown Annapolis, but I do think it'd be a great idea to show up on January 20th in Lawyer's Mall for a rally to show that we're still here and we're still energized.

A big part of the upsets this year in this state was the general apathy of the electorate. That means that those who care wield a lot more power than they might otherwise despite relatively modest numbers. I think that a show of force on the day when O'Malley is packing his bags along with a number of previously "undefeatable" gun grabbers sends a powerful message to those who remain that our voices actually do matter and that they'd better start listening to us.

Governor-elect Hogan can only do but so much to help us. We also have to help ourselves by putting every bit of pressure that we can on the GA. We need to show up early and show up often so the legislators of this state get the message that continuing to attack our 2nd Amendment rights puts their political careers at risk. They need to see that we are relentless and unwavering.

Code:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I tend to disagree. I'm not suggesting a celebration with fireworks and a raucous Mariachi band marching through downtown Annapolis, but I do think it'd be a great idea to show up on January 20th in Lawyer's Mall for a rally to show that we're still here and we're still energized.

A big part of the upsets this year in this state was the general apathy of the electorate. That means that those who care wield a lot more power than they might otherwise despite relatively modest numbers. I think that a show of force on the day when O'Malley is packing his bags along with a number of previously "undefeatable" gun grabbers sends a powerful message to those who remain that our voices actually do matter and that they'd better start listening to us.

Governor-elect Hogan can only do but so much to help us. We also have to help ourselves by putting every bit of pressure that we can on the GA. We need to show up early and show up often so the legislators of this state get the message that continuing to attack our 2nd Amendment rights puts their political careers at risk. They need to see that we are relentless and unwavering.

Code:

There are plans being made for another "2A Tuesday" legislative day and rally. MSI, AGC, MSRPA, Shannon and others are working on the details.

If we show up on the 1st day of session, the first week of session or even inauguration day, and gloat or crow about what we have done, it will potentially close off a lot of doors to new liberals we otherwise be able to work with at even some level.

Rest assured, we will bring plenty of pressure to the GA this session and every session from here on out, but not in the 1st week. Save your powder, keep it dry for when we really need it, on days that will really matter.

The ideas are great, but they need to be done smartly for the first session or we stand to lose more than we have gained thus far.

I mentioned in another thread that the 2A community needs to shut up about stuff, because it hurts us more than it helps us. Several of those things were the threads that the WaPo used for their article. The article pushed the Hogan administration away from the 2A community a bit, because of what was said in those threads and thus ended up in the Post.

We are our own worst enemy, and it has finally bitten us in the ass to a certain extent, in that whatever access we had to the administration, we now have to work harder to get back to that point and move forward.

Work smarter, not harder, talk smarter as well.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Yes - coming twice would dilute attendance. Come for the 2A rally and spend no efforts on O'Malley. He is irrelevant now, not even worth this bandwidth IMHO.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    It is best to celebrate O'Malley's passing with the same indifference that he has always shown for the People of MD.

Dec 31, 2012
    I'm in state government and projects are getting dropped left and right. The higher-ups are going to lose their appointments and I guess no one wants to put effort into something with a hard deadline of 3 months.

That is the same as I was told last night by a MD dept of the environment employee. The appointees are very worried.

Dec 31, 2012
    If we were to show up the day he leaves, the press would just say that thousands showed up to wish him well.

That is some twisted slanted reporting right there but you're probably right. It would end up in one of MOM's presidential campaign ads.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    That is some twisted slanted reporting right there but you're probably right. It would end up in one of MOM's presidential campaign ads.

Big signs that say "AMF!"

The Sun photog and editors would think it is a positive message with the exclamation point, but the common peasants would know what it means. :D

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Don't look at it as sh!theads last day . Going to show Governor Hogan (never tire of hearing that) that I support him

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom