• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    My hope would be with the courts now over the GA. Without O'Bummer maybe we will get some honest testimony as to the effectiveness of gun bans and the real causes of violence in MD. We also may see less funding/focus on defending unconstitutional laws. With continued focus in the courts and ongoing efforts to remove Dems from the state house we may have light at the end of the tunnel. Great night for Maryland!

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Perhaps relaxed G&S, but things may still be tough since Frosh looks to have won AG. Hogan will have to fight the GA and "his own" AG at every turn.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Hogan can make Frosh's life miserable. Frosh might be having second thoughts right about now. Wouldn't surprise me if Frosh plays ball to avoid torpedoing any future political aspirations.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Hogan can make Frosh's life miserable. Frosh might be having second thoughts right about now. Wouldn't surprise me if Frosh plays ball to avoid torpedoing any future political aspirations.

I agree... this was definitely not in that scumbags plans. The reason he was the shepherd of sb281 was to keep suckling MOM and to get in the good graces of the heir apparent brown. I am sure they are thinking of how they will regroup

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Let's face it, SB281 as much as it sucks is nothing in reality. If you want that CCW permit, you are going to have to go through the same thing as HQL.

With that said, need to remove good and substantial from the law and all will be good in my eyes.

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    I just hope we can get conceal carry. When I'm out with my wife here in PG County I have to look everywhere constantly keep us from being victimized. And if it ever came our way all we can do is run and hope to not get shot in the back. I also want the HQL removed if possible and alot of the rifle unbanned and standard magazines unbanned Wishful thinking? Maybe but a man can hope.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Let's face it, SB281 as much as it sucks is nothing in reality. If you want that CCW permit, you are going to have to go through the same thing as HQL.

With that said, need to remove good and substantial from the law and all will be good in my eyes.

The governor can define good and substantial. Does not require a law change. One executive order and self defense is g&s.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013

He has no authority to remove G&S and it'd never make it through the GA even if he tried. He'd also be crucified in the Maryland press as trying to put bazooka death ray exploding machine gun weapons in the hands of cop killers and child molesters. And then the next guy would come along and tighten the grip that much more.

No, we need a clear definition of G&S which includes personal protection and exercising 2nd Amendment rights. That's a lot harder to block, a lot harder to demonize, and a lot harder to roll back years later when there's no CCW apocalypse. There are probably a lot of other things he can do in this new position, but I think that's the biggest thing we need as quickly as possible. However, I also recognize the political reality that he'll have to get some popular political victories under his belt first or else he'll have nowhere to go. I'm willing to give him a year to fix G&S, but I want to see the groundwork laid sooner (replacing the political heads in and around MSP). Paging Jack McCauley?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    He has no authority to remove G&S and it'd never make it through the GA even if he tried. He'd also be crucified in the Maryland press as trying to put bazooka death ray exploding machine gun weapons in the hands of cop killers and child molesters. And then the next guy would come along and tighten the grip that much more.

No, we need a clear definition of G&S which includes personal protection and exercising 2nd Amendment rights. That's a lot harder to block, a lot harder to demonize, and a lot harder to roll back years later when there's no CCW apocalypse. There are probably a lot of other things he can do in this new position, but I think that's the biggest thing we need as quickly as possible. However, I also recognize the political reality that he'll have to get some popular political victories under his belt first or else he'll have nowhere to go. I'm willing to give him a year to fix G&S, but I want to see the groundwork laid sooner (replacing the political heads in and around MSP). Paging Jack McCauley?

He doesn't have to remove G&S. The executive branch defines it.

vmc_jap

Aug 5, 2012
    I'll be honest... If now we can get a CCW permit, that will appeace me! That should be first step in the right direction. Recognize the right, no G&S

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    Repealing 281 - not possable.

Administrivly reform G&S , stop adding restrictions to Permits - simple , but not easy. ( Meaning he can acomplish with one conversation , but it will create a firestorm among those who already hate him, and will continue to hate him regardless.)

Scale back COMAR to reflect the actual language of 281 , instead of imaginary expansions. More complex , but less incindary to the people who already hate him , and will continue to hate him regardless.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Hogan can walk the wire between D's and R's by appointing people who ease restrictions on infringements while aggressively fighting crime. R's will feel freer. D's will feel safer. Both sides win. Hogan should ignore the haters who hate for hate's sake.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    IMO it would be smart to leave FSA2013 alone so history can show it did noting positive and attack that in his second term. He would be smart to change G&S to "Self Defense" asap. This will mean it will be 3-4 years of people carrying guns in MD until the next election cycle. There will be 4 years of data and "norming" to show that blood wont run in the streets. It will nullify any fright factor in the next election and he will gain votes for it too IMO. The sooner he changes G&S the better and let that be ALL he does except oppose new antigun legislation that the D's put forth.

Well said Chad.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    History is written by the victors. Let's write some history.

Don't wake me, I'm dreaming. Hogan won. We took back the Senate. Kittleman won the County Executive position in Howard County. Greg Fox smoked Alan Schneider in district 5 for the County Council seat. While I am dreaming, might as well have SCOTUS write some history in Kolbe and the Texas case regarding the Haynes Amendment.

Cannot see SB281 getting repealed, or even rolled back, anytime soon, other than the 4th Circuit or SCOTUS determining that it is unconstitutional.

Wouldn't it be nice to also be able to get a nice new machine gun. Maybe even outlaw the $200 tax stamp stupidity as being the equivalent of a poll tax. Of course, it would suck for those in the community that are holding machine guns in their retirement funds.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    IMO it would be smart to leave FSA2013 alone so history can show it did noting positive and attack that in his second term. He would be smart to change G&S to "Self Defense" asap. This will mean it will be 3-4 years of people carrying guns in MD until the next election cycle. There will be 4 years of data and "norming" to show that blood wont run in the streets. It will nullify any fright factor in the next election and he will gain votes for it too IMO. The sooner he changes G&S the better and let that be ALL he does except oppose new antigun legislation that the D's put forth.

We can work on adding true anti crime legislation as well.

I don't want the case mooted. I think killing some of the hql requirements ...ie allowing NRA basic pistol to work for the training portion etc. Could be done.

If he kills his ability to govern it will be all reversed in 4 years anyway. Yes they can do it regardless of the fright factor.... its never been about anything other than elitism.

We need him to clean house in nearly every state agency. Prosecution for fraud if warrented etc.

We must improve the state ...not just carry or we will be right back where we started in 4 years,

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Frosh is working on his legacy. Our job, in concert with the Governor is make that as hard as possible.. he wants to be AG, not sure we wants to work as AG. He does poorly when attacked ..so we attack. We deal with him in court.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I don't think we won enough in the state senate and House of delegates to change SB281. This election will be remembered as a stand against taxes. Firearms will not be mentioned.

I agree completely with the above statements. I was really glad to wake up this morning and hear that Hogan had won, but the legislatures in Annapolis still remains very much in the hands of the Dems. I don't expect them to repeal SB281, but I also don't expect them to try and strengthen it either. Hogan needs to cut taxes and make MD a better place for people to live. Then maybe we can elect more Republicans in 2016 to try and change the rest of the power structure in Annapolis.

Hail Hogan!:)

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom