• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    ok great, we have a good governor now....if they could get away with it, the general assembly would simply strip the governor of all power like they tried/did with the Annapolis mayor...

So....whats our next target. I know Bush and Miller seem 'untouchable', but are they....???

What if we start now... a nice calm message..... direct our $$$, would they really be unstoppable? Would it take more than one term to oust them??

Just thinking outloud.... after a glass of wine....

X

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    BTW, i am in HarCo, so things here are 'somewhat' better on the surface. Maybe we need to come south a bit on the next election....

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Exactly , going to coin this for all future elections "Pull a Hogan"
    He started Change Maryland then thru is hat in . Start Change "County" and start hitting all the POS NOW . Need to watch them like a hawk and scream from the hilltops when they block Hogan or do anything that hurts our Great State

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I would say both Miller and Busch are beatable with the right candidates to run against them. Miller won 62 to 37, with most of his votes coming from Charles Co. More notably, Busch actually came in second for his district behind a Republican. He only beat the other Dem running by 2,300 votes. Here are the results:

Mike Busch
    Democratic 13,927 27.5%
    Chuck Ferrar
    Democratic 11,625 23.0%
    Genevieve Lindner
    Republican 10,847 21.4%
    Herb McMillan
    Republican 14,144 28.0%

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yep...

They've awakened a whole new roster of people they don't want to mess with.

My wife has even asked me if it would be bad form to be a personal watchdog over one of our D Delegate's activities.

Told her, "Why not. She already hates me... and guess what?? There's no reason not to, CITIZEN."

NY Marksman

Feb 20, 2013
    ok great, we have a good governor now
    Congrats to you Marylanders btw, you were able to pull together and get something done.

unfortunately I can't say the same of NY. up here the race was decided by nearly no one voting. in a state with 18 million, and 5 million are gun owners, only about 3.5 million voted, and Cuomo won by only about 500,000. sadly it seems gun owners in NY just cant mobilize. so I have to ask, you guys have any advice on how we gun owners up north could mobilize better?

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    The Governor of Maryland has a little more power and influence than you think. If the legislature was really scared, they would take away his control of the budget. The Governor has the final say over the amount of money spend for this project and that project; the legislature can only cut money from the budget - not raise it. If Miller or Busch want to play hardball, Hogan can kill special projects (in the name of austerity) that keep their constituents happy and there is nothing they can do about it.

I just don't see Hogan as being extremely 2A proactive. I am confident he would not sign any new control legislation, but I don't see him being proactive in restoring some of our freedoms. When pressed about the issue eventually, we will get the same thing we got from Ehrlich; it will have to wait for a 2nd term.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Congrats to you Marylanders btw, you were able to pull together and get something done.

unfortunately I can't say the same of NY. up here the race was decided by nearly no one voting. in a state with 18 million, and 5 million are gun owners, only about 3.5 million voted, and Cuomo won by only about 500,000. sadly it seems gun owners in NY just cant mobilize. so I have to ask, you guys have any advice on how we gun owners up north could mobilize better?

Although I hate to call anything associated with O'Malley's travesty of FSA2013 a "good thing," we did have the advantage of it moving through the legislature at a snail's pace compared to the shafting you took with overnight passage of the SAFE Act. I think this gave Maryland gun owners the vital time to get the word out and energize opposition to the bill.

We are fortunate to have several very active and passionate organizations such as AGC, MSI, MSRPA, and others who were able to set aside ego and minor differences to work together in defense of our 2A rights. We also have this wonderful forum as a tool to communicate and organize both statewide and local activities.

I wish I could offer a magic wand to wave or more precise instructions, but I am still very much a newbie at this whole "citizen activist" thing. Look forward to long hours of talking to people and winning converts one person at a time. Then hope each of those converts goes out and does the same. About the only thing I have really learned is that it is not fun, it is not easy, but dude, you just gotta get out and do it.

Best of luck and God bless. Get out and start now for 2016.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The Governor of Maryland has a little more power and influence than you think. If the legislature was really scared, they would take away his control of the budget. The Governor has the final say over the amount of money spend for this project and that project; the legislature can only cut money from the budget - not raise it. If Miller or Busch want to play hardball, Hogan can kill special projects (in the name of austerity) that keep their constituents happy and there is nothing they can do about it.

I just don't see Hogan as being extremely 2A proactive. I am confident he would not sign any new control legislation, but I don't see him being proactive in restoring some of our freedoms. When pressed about the issue eventually, we will get the same thing we got from Ehrlich; it will have to wait for a 2nd term.

I have already told Hogan that we will not wait for a second term because he won't have one if he doesn't stand with the people that put him in office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom