• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    I was a member there from before Jim bought the place from the previous owner (can't remember his name, it's been so long) until just last year. I too have received service that was both good and bad. I have been told some things that were simply wrong by Ziggy and Sandy. For example, that in order to have some aftermarket work done by a gunsmith on one of my pistols, I had to ship it through them, and could NOT take it to UPS myself to ship it. As Sundancer said, they seem to be bipolar.

@Rob Tahan, they used to. I wish they still did. You could bring anything there. First time I ever shot a cannon (yes, I mean a literal cannon) was there.

Kurt Petrucci was the original owner of Continental.
    I wish we still had a range. If you happen to have any photographs from the old range that you would care to share, please let me know. We're trying to turn up some pics for a project.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I wish you still had a range also. Would like to perforate the ass hat lawyer who bought property near it and got it shut down. Can't remember his name.
    I remember signing a petition in favor of Cont Arms being built. I also remember being yelled at for doing a mag dump from my 9 by the original owners. Didn't go too often after that. Drove to what is now H&M instead.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have been a member at CA and still shoot there on occasion. I've never had a negative experience there.
    The employees are a little cordial until they feel comfortable around you, but I think that's kind of typical of the industry and probably smart--given they are trading in products which can be lethal.
    Some visits were better than others, but people are people and we all have good days and bad.
    Now if Duffy's had a range, I 'd probably be there all the time!

DimaK

May 15, 2012
    Odd place, customer service often poor. Not always, I always feel funny going in there. I have sold a gun there once and use their range from time too time.

Hambone

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I use the range there a couple times a month. I have never had a bad experience. No one has ever been rude to me, but I have seen the Range Officers make stern corrections to others, and truthfully they were warranted. I like going early in the day as there seem to be less renters and more people with experience shooting.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The "getting to know you" bit makes me laugh, you're not the new guy at a job. You are a paying customer in a customer service business. If being a firearms vendor makes it have to be that way, no thanks, ill take my business where I don't have to "prove" myself worthy to someone.

Feb 28, 2013
    I wish you still had a range also. Would like to perforate the ass hat lawyer who bought property near it and got it shut down. Can't remember his name.

I hope somebody does, because I don't intend to give this turd any business.

Which was there first? Duffy's range or ******* lawyer's house?

That's ********, if somebody moved in next to a shooting range knowing full well it was there, and getting it shut down.:mad54:

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County

That's ********, if somebody moved in next to a shooting range knowing full well it was there, and getting it shut down.:mad54:

Is that ******* lawyers name Roger? Last name Elliott?

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008

Years back P.G. County (maybe MNPPC) built a bicycle trail behind the berms at Berwyn in Bowie then tried to close the range down. Geniuses.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

Duffy's was there long before the lawyer bought the house. Don't know how long the house was there though. It happens all the time. That's why BCGF has billboards by their facility advising any prospective buyers that there is gun club there. Duffy's should have been grand fathered in.
    It happens to farmers all the time also. People move out to the country then bitch about the smell of fertilizer and farm equipment on the road, then get restrictions put in. F-ing ass hats all of them.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Duffy's was there long before the lawyer bought the house. Don't know how long the house was there though. It happens all the time. That's why BCGF has billboards by their facility advising any prospective buyers that there is gun club there. Duffy's should have been grand fathered in.
    It happens to farmers all the time also. People move out to the country then bitch about the smell of fertilizer and farm equipment on the road, then get restrictions put in. F-ing ass hats all of them.

Well said.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Yep, he built the range and sold the business. How's he enjoying life with the M60?

Funny you should mention the M60. When he still had that gun in transfer, I picked up 400 rds of 7.62x51 on M13 links. I bought it just to shoot in his gun. Hes been working on his golf game and hasn't been to any of our shoots lately. I'll need to email him and give him a push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom