• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/blog/bal-gun-shot-victims-often-black-males,0,2167759.story

This is another push for further gun-control. No surprise; it's the Baltimore Sun.
    However, the method needs a breakdown as it is a tactic that's becoming more common...

The below are assertions the Sun makes via the Urban Institute's report (which can be found here):

1. Gun-violence is racist, sexist, and hurts children
    Blacks are more likely to go to a hospital with gunshot wounds, and black women are more likely to go than white males. Also notice the use of the word, "young" at the head of the opening paragraph.

So all us gun owners who are against more regulation must be all of the above. We're heartless, racist chauvinists. Apparently.

2. Tax-payers should want more gun control because nearly 2/3rds of hospital costs were paid with public funds
    Let's all ignore why these folks are ending up in the hospital in the first place. Nevermind that thriving black-market of drugs that requires gang enforcement to operate. No, no, no. It's just the guns that are wasting your taxes.

3. Maryland's amount of violent crime exceeds that of other dangerous states and the rest of the country, but we have less uninsured.
    Obama and O'Malley are saving these kids (with more public funding)!

This whole thing really does push the agenda of universal healthcare and of civilian disarmament in the same article. TADA!

They make NO MENTION in the above articles of the SOURCE of the violence. Not the context, nor of the perpetrators. Are the areas and neighborhoods where these crimes are the most violent and common filled with people of other races singling out blacks to harm? They make no mention of federal firearms laws. That violent crime has been trending downward for the last 20 years.

These last points can be read here: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

Mr H

Banana'd
    Once more, a Progressive Double-Down, when they know they're up against it.

Problem is, the majority of the population is fat and happy, because they don't live "there".

It's the "I Got Mine" mentality, writ large.

Until it comes home to roost in their enclaves, the problem won't exist.

I still plan to scream until I'm blue in the face, and I know most of you will as well... but unless more join us and show everyone out there that it IS coming their way, and what really IS at the root of the CRIMINAL violence, no one is going to give a rat's right nutsack, and keep living their dream.

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    All this and it once again proves that our, Maryland's, gun laws REALLY are working to prevent the shooting of innocents. (Sarcasm font now released)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Rest easy --- The Baltimore city police are getting fed up... this also means no more protected zones around the 'good areas'.. In NY we called it 'blue flu'. It was mostly a budget issue but it lead to a stand down ... later during dinkins Administration we had a mini stand down during the Crown Heights riot and we got a R in office --- in NYC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Heights_riot

The script is written all that remains is the trigger event

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What many people don't realize is that the vast majority of people that get shot are thugs shooting other thugs. We don't have a gun problem, we have a crime problem.

Diamond-Graph-Income-with-Party.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And here I thought you were going to say we had a THUG problem. Plenty of crime generically that doesn't leaved dead bodies , or gunfire injuries.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Legalize drugs and this problem will disappear. Hell, even just legalizing only marijuana will put a huge dent in this problem.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ironic since SB281 is racist. It disproportionately targets minority single mothers who live in the inner city.....

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    I remember when ordinary serfs could advertise guns for sale in the Sunpapers

Honestly I'm not sure why anyone would describe us as serfs. If you do the research they had much better work standards and the like at the time :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom