• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    I tried to order a Boyd's thumbhole stock online for my 10-22 last night and the order screen kicked me out. I figured what the hell and I'll call them today and find out what's going on.

John in customer service explained to me Boyd's won't ship thumbhole stocks for a semi-auto to this ass backwards state. I explained that they are legal here and if they won't take my money I'll find a company that will and that I would no longer even consider them for my gunstock needs.

Their company their rules but they will not see another $ of mine.

:mad54::tdown:

BuildnBurn

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It is cheaper for a company to turn away all business from Maryland than hire a legal staff to interpret Maryland's intentionally confusing laws. It sucks, but I don't blame them.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    It is cheaper for a company to turn away all business from Maryland than hire a legal staff to interpret Maryland's intentionally confusing laws. It sucks, but I don't blame them.
    Good point. If it was my company on the line, I'd probably avoid any sales to Maryland, New York, Colorado, or Connecticut for now.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    OP - check Midway. I bet they have one in stock and will ship it. I just bought a Boyd's (not thumb hole) tactical for my Rem597 and they had 90 in stock when I ordered. It was unfinished but not a big deal because I wanted "wood" anyway. Some stain and half dozen coats of TruOil and you will be good to go. Or maybe they have thumb holes already finished? I could have gotten mine in "black" rubberized finish but didn't want that.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I keep seeing this "I don't blame them."

Well I do.

Hell yes I blame them. I don't feel like being understanding. I don't feel like wearing a big "Kick Me! I'm From Maryland" sign.

Screw the bastards. It's not hard to figure out that a stock is legal. I cut them no slack.

Some people would say they don't blame the Germans for bombing Pearl Harbor.

Well I do.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I keep seeing this "I don't blame them."

Well I do.

Hell yes I blame them. I don't feel like being understanding. I don't feel like wearing a big "Kick Me! I'm From Maryland" sign.

Screw the bastards. It's not hard to figure out that a stock is legal. I cut them no slack.

Some people would say they don't blame the Germans for bombing Pearl Harbor.

Well I do.

If you haven't seen Animal House you need to rent it and watch it... Classic. I was lucky enough to actually "live it". :D Things like that (and worse) did happen. OMG I had so much fun...... And YES I actually was on double secret academic probation.....

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    As I said earlier it's their business to do what they please with it, but it's my $ and I won't support a co. that won't support me. There are many other companies that want my $.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Boyd's makes a great stock but their customer service is terrible. I had a hell of a time trying to get some technical help regarding if the in-letting was cut for the revised CZ455 receivers as a few customers had fitting issues. The staff was clueless bouncing me around to the technical people that gave me blanket statements. Fortunately I taken a chance and they did revise their cut.

It's contagious.

A guy on GunBroker from Indiana won't ship an 1896 Krag to CA or MD.

Can't fix stupid.

Wait - so who is "the stupid"?

The guy in Indiana who chooses to live in America and not concern himself with learning the minutiae of laws of two tyranical police-states,

OR

The guy who chooses to live in a tyranical police-state and expects people in America to understand the minutiae of laws he forces himself to conform to?

You said it, Brother.

You CAN'T fix stupid.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    This kind of upsets me. I will hopefully have a new heavy barrel BMag soon and Boyds is the only place I know of making stocks for em; and damnit I want a thumbhole.

(yes, i know BMags are not semi auto....it's the principle of the thing)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    That sucks...they carry a lot of nice stocks but try www.stockysstocks.com They have a good assortment of stocks for 10-22 and many others. They also carry some Ar15 stuff. I was buying some things there when the panic was on, and they had AR stuff as I don't think anyone thought of checking with them! :-) Bought a few Ar barrels and YHM uppers, good prices.

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    OP-

I live in Fredrick too, but work a few days a week out of our office in Arlington. If you want to ship it there, I'll pick it up for you. I do this a lot with mags.

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll give you our address and details.

If not, no worries.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom