• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Oxford Gun club is restarting it's regular raffling of various guns starting next week.

First up is the Henry Golden Boy in .22

Leadchuckers-Rifle.jpg

Chances are $5 a piece, (here's the best part) only 150 sold!. This is done in a "splash board" format, meaning, you pick a number on the board, when the board fills up if your number is called,.... you win! They will have new guns within a few weeks of pulling a winner from the previous raffle. Look at the odds, look at the value of the gun vs the total revenue to the club, this is very good raffle with a great cause.

Simple as that, no fancy rules, no need to be present to win, nothing silly. Anyone interested can stop in on any Tuesday or Thursday afternoon or any Sunday from around 9 to noon. I can also assist those who want to participate but maybe can't make a trip to the clubhouse or whatever, I'm able to help.

Note: (this should be obvious) Please do not participate if you are prohibited from owning, purchasing or possessing a firearm.

http://www.oxfordgunclub.org/

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Bumping this, gun is on display Tuesday night for 5 stand and Sunday morning for Sporting Clays.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I get to the club around 2 today to finish getting ready for tonight, last I looked there were still some spots left. I'll post up for sure once I get there this afternoon.

Phil

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    The Oxford Shooting Club isn't very far from where I live, North East.

I took a ride up there and was very impressed with the shooting area, very nice.

Will I be able to take a chance on the Henry on Thursday night ?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Nice club up there I had never been. Is it only a shotgun club for the most part? I didn't notice a rifle / pistol area. Hope I win this Henry!!! :bannana:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Shotgun only.

Tuesday: 5 stand (sporting clays) 4 to 9pm
    Wednesday: Skeet, 4 to 9
    Thursday: Trap
    2nd & 4th Sundays: Full sporting clays course (woods course).

Yes, you can sign up for a chance anytime Thursday night, very easy to do.
    We just took delivery of over $12k in sporting machines today.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Oh, and "Big Meat" Sundays.

I'm not up on all the Trap happenings, I'm the event captain for Tuesday nights. We shoot A LOT, as in, over 3k targets thrown between 4 and 9pm two weeks ago, 140 rounds of 5 stand. We can also set up for "Annie Oakley" and shoot for cash money.

Anyone who hasn't shot any clays or maybe hasn't in a while should stop on up!

There's a lot going on at this little club, meat raffles, all different types of shotgun events, good food, good people.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Anyone else interested in taking part in this raffle (and, directly helping out a local non-profit club). Let me know, I can help out.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Pm and monies received. I'll report back here tomorrow morning after I how the board is filling up.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Right at the 50% mark as of this morning. I think this board will fill a bit faster with warm weather on the way. This Tuesday will make the 3rd consecutive week that I've had rain on 5 stand night, makes it tough when the attendance is way down.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Thanks for the update. I might buy another box or two if I get the time to make the drive. That Henry is a beautiful cool little rifle.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ammo is the only restriction, and, (obviously) basic safety. Trap is a good place to start, easiest to learn.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    60 spots left as of Tuesday Night. Rain is killing us up there, basically 3 out of the last 5 Tuesdays were rained out. Trap this Sunday, board will fill up fast once people get some spring in their step (pun/play on words intended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom