• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DollZ

Sep 11, 2015
    I never realized O'Malley was related to Curran - and that old Sun article is incredibly disturbing...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I never realized O'Malley was related to Curran - and that old Sun article is incredibly disturbing...

By marriage only. As a son-in-law he gets Curran money and prestige. Without that acquired status he'd be busking in the Annapolis Commons. Oh, wait...

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    It's just another hoop for law abiding citizens to jump through. I personally think its just used as a deterrent to make it "too much hassle" for an on the fence buyer.

This right here. It's pretty sad that in the surrounding states you can go in, pick a firearm, fill out a form, get checked and walk away with a firearm and magazines that aren't neutered. Here you have to go through the hql loop, go to a store, pick a firearm, fill out literally 5 times the amount of paperwork, then you have to ****ing wait 7 days, oh and when you go to pick up said firearm you have to pay for a lock(if you don't already have one) just to leave the store with it. Oh and you just got ****ed on magazine capacity as well. With all the hoops we had to jump through you'd think we were in the bottom 5 states in gun violence not top 5.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    The price for the HQL (not counting fingerprinting and training) is $50.00. Does anyone know why it is so expensive? Here are some facts to help you understand.

1) The actual cost of printing the card is $2.06
    2) The same exact background check for the 77R is $10.00
    3) A Fiscal Impact Analysis was provided to the General Assembly revealing the actual cost to the State Police is estimated at $17.00. In the report, the expenses included the purchase of new police cars, uniforms, computers etc. and to allow for the additional manpower needed to implement the program.

In the words of Shanetta Pascquell, the Legislative representative for O'Malley who helped author FS13, "These stupid mother .....rs will approve anything we ask for if they think it will keep guns off the street. Let's ask for $100.00 and they will ultimately approve $50.00." (She was right by the way) She knew the actual costs but chose to ignore the facts because she "hates guns." (her actual words)

Any administrative cost by Maryland government for any license or permit is not intended to generate revenue but rather cover the costs of administering the program. For any new legislatively approved license, a report is issued to the Maryland General Assembly to help evaluate the costs and set a determined fee. That fee MUST be justified. The legislators ignored this recommendation and set the fee higher than needed. This is yet another reason to support the fight to challenge the HQL. But MSI has not been able to raise enough money and it appears time is running out to initiate the lawsuit.

Also, Federal law allows for a waiver of the NICS check for agencies who have a licensing scheme like the HQL. You need to ask for your legislators to pass a bill that will waive the 1 gun a month, the 7 day wait and additional background check for those who hold and HQL. The State of Maryland could save millions of dollars by the manpower saved. These troopers could then be freed up to actually locate violent criminals. FSA13 took 19 troopers off the road where they could work to reduce violent crime.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    I can not understand why the State of Maryland needs sworn personnel to implement the gun licensing schemes in Maryland. Previously, I prepared a report that outlined the methods that could be used to remove all sworn personnel from the Licensing Division. The minimum savings for civilianization of the MD State Police Licensing Division is $1,641,720.00 per year. And 30 troopers (current staffing) is enough to staff an entire special enforcement unit that does nothing but combat violent crime. I can personally tell you the incredible impact that four State Troopers can have when they are allowed to do their jobs. I have seen the impact of violent crime reduction when a new unit was formed that solely targeted gangs. In one area, we went from 22 shootings in 1 year to one shooting in 18 months, using a new enforcement technique. Imagine 30 troopers doing this work.

Liberal gun grabbers will do just about anything to circumvent our constitutional right....They figure if the more often they can infringe on our right, the greater the chance that someday they will set a precedent that the courts can point to as they uphold more unconstitutional gun control laws...And I know a lot of you don't want to hear it, but by complying with such illegal laws, you are playing right into their hands...

I can not understand why the State of Maryland needs sworn personnel to implement the gun licensing schemes in Maryland. Previously, I prepared a report that outlined the methods that could be used to remove all sworn personnel from the Licensing Division. The minimum savings for civilianization of the MD State Police Licensing Division is $1,641,720.00 per year. And 30 troopers (current staffing) is enough to staff an entire special enforcement unit that does nothing but combat violent crime. I can personally tell you the incredible impact that four State Troopers can have when they are allowed to do their jobs. I have seen the impact of violent crime reduction when a new unit was formed that solely targeted gangs. In one area, we went from 22 shootings in 1 year to one shooting in 18 months, using a new enforcement technique. Imagine 30 troopers doing this work.

Because removing guns from law abiding hands is more important to liberals than taking criminals off the streets...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    My guess the unintended consequence of the HQL will be a boost to handgun sales in late 2018.

The obvious answer is to stop legal hand gun sales to an otherwise non-prohibited person.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The price for the HQL (not counting fingerprinting and training) is $50.00. Does anyone know why it is so expensive? Here are some facts to help you understand.

1) The actual cost of printing the card is $2.06
    2) The same exact background check for the 77R is $10.00
    3) A Fiscal Impact Analysis was provided to the General Assembly revealing the actual cost to the State Police is estimated at $17.00. In the report, the expenses included the purchase of new police cars, uniforms, computers etc. and to allow for the additional manpower needed to implement the program.

In the words of Shanetta Pascquell, the Legislative representative for O'Malley who helped author FS13, "These stupid mother .....rs will approve anything we ask for if they think it will keep guns off the street. Let's ask for $100.00 and they will ultimately approve $50.00." (She was right by the way) She knew the actual costs but chose to ignore the facts because she "hates guns." (her actual words)

Any administrative cost by Maryland government for any license or permit is not intended to generate revenue but rather cover the costs of administering the program. For any new legislatively approved license, a report is issued to the Maryland General Assembly to help evaluate the costs and set a determined fee. That fee MUST be justified. The legislators ignored this recommendation and set the fee higher than needed. This is yet another reason to support the fight to challenge the HQL. But MSI has not been able to raise enough money and it appears time is running out to initiate the lawsuit.

Also, Federal law allows for a waiver of the NICS check for agencies who have a licensing scheme like the HQL. You need to ask for your legislators to pass a bill that will waive the 1 gun a month, the 7 day wait and additional background check for those who hold and HQL. The State of Maryland could save millions of dollars by the manpower saved. These troopers could then be freed up to actually locate violent criminals. FSA13 took 19 troopers off the road where they could work to reduce violent crime.
    That's damning. If voting rights were only treated with such disregard, there would be an immediate outcry.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    We'll need a card to buy ammo soon.. I wouldn't bet against rationing either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom