• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I get the concept of @bsolutist pricniples , being HQL holdout myself . There @re differing interpet@tions , but I voted w/ feet the other w@y this time.

Silver@do w@s 1993-2013 promotor. This time w@s ( Mtn R@nge ) Promotions. He @pro@ched County/ MNCPPC , they didn't w@nt gun shows , but he c@lled bluff they h@d no leg@l excuse to refuse. We'll see if the poision pill regul@tions m@ke these unprofitble.

With @pologies to my de@ler & vendor friends Gun Shows @re @bout more th@n just vendors scoring $ , or enthusiests trying for b@rgin. They @re high profile in the public eye. People just driving by or seeing @ds , receive @ sense of gun ownership being widespre@d & legit . Lots of first time/ first time in long time people come. @t minium receive impression of lots of boring, non-thre@tening , m@instre@m people being "gun people" with no ch@os or disorder. @ portion of those newcomers @lso received inform@tion on guns, gun s@fety & use , & st@te of Md gun l@ws from MSI , helpful vendors , & r@ndom inter@ctions with other p@trons.

I know I t@lked to newcomers & even brought one with me & p@I'd (F' @utocorrect) his w@y in .

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I get the concept of @bsolutist pricniples , being HQL holdout myself . There @re differing interpet@tions , but I voted w/ feet the other w@y this time.

Silver@do w@s 1993-2013 promotor. This time w@s ( Mtn R@nge ) Promotions. He @pro@ched County/ MNCPPC , they didn't w@nt gun shows , but he c@lled bluff they h@d no leg@l excuse to refuse. We'll see if the poision pill regul@tions m@ke these unprofitble.

With @pologies to my de@ler & vendor friends Gun Shows @re @bout more th@n just vendors scoring $ , or enthusiests trying for b@rgin. They @re high profile in the public eye. People just driving by or seeing @ds , receive @ sense of gun ownership being widespre@d & legit . Lots of first time/ first time in long time people come. @t minium receive impression of lots of boring, non-thre@tening , m@instre@m people being "gun people" with no ch@os or disorder. @ portion of those newcomers @lso received inform@tion on guns, gun s@fety & use , & st@te of Md gun l@ws from MSI , helpful vendors , & r@ndom inter@ctions with other p@trons.

I know I t@lked to newcomers & even brought one with me & p@I'd (F' @utocorrect) his w@y in .

I see your logic and don't disagree with any of your points. But there is a larger issue here as well.

For decades the powers that be have slowly eroded our rights bit by bit while we have sat back and allowed, and even justified, it. I'm not speaking of just the 2A issues. All of our rights. This particular instance may seem small and it's relevance to the larger picture may not be apparent at first. But, it is yet another instance where we are losing more of our rights or losing the ability to fully exercise our rights.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Meanwhile the gangsters are painting Baltimore streets red with blood. More murders in the last three hours in west Baltimore than in the last thirty years of gun shows in the burbs.

What a crock of sh!t.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You can get a temporary MSP license to sell regulated firearms (handguns) at gun shows. There is a limit to the number of shows per year that can be done on the permit.

WHere does the direct quote from the article, that I posted, say ANYTHING about regulated firearms?

It says FIREARMS. And BTW, and HQL is not required for a C&R pistol. Or a stripped lower, both of which are regulated.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    :thumbsup: :party29::party29: :D

He!! yea. Don't worry about too far South,

Caught a little bit on I think channel 9 news yesterday evening. Showed crowds going to the arena with swat teams and numerous police agencies standing guard. Must have been footage from when Obummer was there.

I saw POs from every agency in the county, even three SWAT. I dunno which agency they were from; no insignia and their vests only said "SWAT" - could have been ASPCA as far as I could tell. But they sure did ogle the ARs. :D

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I saw POs from every agency in the county, even three SWAT. I dunno which agency they were from; no insignia and their vests only said "SWAT" - could have been ASPCA as far as I could tell. But they sure did ogle the ARs. :D

I hope the PG Swat officer that left his AR on the side of the road while changing flat tires last week was not one of those 3. I would never have such luck to find an AR lying along the side of the road.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    In fact, Silverado used to hold gunshows there (MoCo fairgrounds) for many years, at least through the late 90s and perhaps later. I used to go to those quite frequently.

Yeap, been to that one.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    LOL, I still miss the old Forestville FD shows back before the equestrian center.
    And the Prince Frederick armory shows, and La Plata, and...

Carries a LOT of $69 cases of Norinco 7.62X39 and a few $75 SKSs out of those shows

MarylandWillWin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    I've gone to a gun show there too, back around 1995. Went to more computer shows than gun shows back then. Nowadays, I just buy off the internet or from my LGS.

Back in the 80's and 90's, north of Rockville was still country. I used to hunt off of Blackrock Road in Gaithersburg. Granted, had a couple run ins with Montgomery County Police and DNR on that farm because the residents around those 70 acres were always calling to complain about gun shots.

Now, those areas are all developed. 20 years and it is all gone. Used to shoot trap at a place close to there, but that place was sold long ago and now it is has million dollar homes sitting on the property.

I would rather go to a gun show right down the road from me at the Howard County Fairgrounds or even Frederick County Fairgrounds, then suffer through the traffic and stupidity in Montgomery County to get to that show. Been to all three places for gun shows and the Montgomery County Fairgrounds is in last place, by a good amount.

Absolutely. I grew up north of Rockville in what used to be sparse surrounded by woods, and nothing but farmland between me and downtown Fredrick. Anything north of G-burg was country and gun territory. We'd hunt squirrels and drive off geese with pellets and BBs and were told to be very careful in the woods during deer season! But MoCo is gun territory no more...

(as evidenced by me, who grew up there and did not fire a gun until well into adulthood)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    WHere does the direct quote from the article, that I posted, say ANYTHING about regulated firearms?

It says FIREARMS. And BTW, and HQL is not required for a C&R pistol. Or a stripped lower, both of which are regulated.

It doesn't and I am aware of the C&R purchase exemption, I helped Delegate Smigiel write it. My comment wasn't so much a correction of you as it was a correction of the article.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

It doesn't and I am aware of the C&R purchase exemption, I helped Delegate Smigiel write it. My comment wasn't so much a correction of you as it was a correction of the article.

I read that WaPo article back when and there were so many wrongful statements in it that my head was damned near spinning.:sad20: Fukkin' piece o' shit libtards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom