• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    As I've said elsewhere, time to find a venue in Southern Maryland.

But it would be preferable for the promoter to tell MNCPPC to shove the No-Showplace Arena as a well attended gun show venue rather than the other way around. Greed is powerful.

Go to the show to stick it to the MNCPPC! Turn this into a demonstration of strength.

Aquaholic

Feb 6, 2013
    Middle River
    Kind of ironic coming from the very same County that owns and operates one of the nicer shotgun games facilities around. Guess it's only OK to have guns on County property when the money goes directly to their coffers.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    State law prohibits private dealers from selling firearms to unlicensed buyers at gun shows. Individuals who have a license and buy guns at the shows cannot leave with the weapons, but must wait seven days for the guns to be transferred to their possession.

Really?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Apparently they want to make sure the equestrian center has less murders and non-fatal shootings than Baltimore has this weekend and not selling a legal product is the only way to do that :rolleyes:

Aquaholic

Feb 6, 2013
    Middle River
    Beretta isn't 'owned and operated' by the county. In fact, as a direct response to FSA13, they are leaving the state.

Mr. H, I was speaking of PG County Trap and Skeet which IS run by the county through the parks and recs dept and uses county employees to operate the facilities not Beretta. Unless of course there is something that I'm not aware of and Beretta in fact owns the facility.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Asinine.

And I can't wait to see the stupidity that our legislators come up with to "better regulate" and "ensure safety" at gun shows.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Mr. H, I was speaking of PG County Trap and Skeet which IS run by the county through the parks and recs dept and uses county employees to operate the facilities not Beretta. Unless of course there is something that I'm not aware of and Beretta in fact owns the facility.

It was owned by beretta prior.. then donated/sold to mncppc.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah .

The County owns the land . Circa 1977 the facility was built from scratch by Winchester. The origional deal was Winchester built it, and had 10yr lease, after which all the improvements would belong to the County. Berretta was there subsequently as a concessionare to operate the facility.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Nah .

The County owns the land . Circa 1977 the facility was built from scratch by Winchester. The origional deal was Winchester built it, and had 10yr lease, after which all the improvements would belong to the County. Berretta was there subsequently as a concessionare to operate the facility.

You're right.. Land is owned by mncppc since 69..

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Minor quip with the above.

It is MNCPPC that owns and operates the PG Trap and Skeet, not the county. MNCPPC is not a county entity but a quasi-governmental multi-jurisdictional agency. No one is elected and no one is appointed to its board (I could be wrong on this part and may be corrected).

The employees are not county employees, but MNCPPC employees.

Nit picking I know, but still.....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Calvert fairgrounds..
    Charles county fairgrounds. (They hold yearly hunting shows)

The Hollywood fire department may work. There should be plenty of space...just a little far south.

Requirements from Silverado are, a space for 150+ tables under one roof and rated by the fireamrshall for occupancy of a minimum of 3500 people.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Requirements from Silverado are, a space for 150+ tables under one roof and rated by the fireamrshall for occupancy of a minimum of 3500 people.
    I think it fits the criteria. He'll if they do it in Fred.. Howard fairgrounds.. Why not try in somd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom