• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Is there a post in here somewhere about what happened with the chairman and you giving him a heart attack? I don't think I caught the original post.

Nothing specific, just a few posts back DCW mentioned it.

Basically, when my case was brought up and after I handed out my written statement, the chair coughed a few times, clenched his chest and looked like he was about to fall over. It lasted a good 30 seconds, but felt like a lot longer. It is funny looking back on it, but I and a few others thought we might be witnessing the 1st death during a HPRB meeting.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I just noticed your note about the DC Corrections employee with the conviction in DC for unlawfully carrying a firearm. There is case law on this. He should not have been convicted. Corrections Officers have always been able to carry in DC even off duty. This happened to another DC Corrections Officer and he won on appeal at the federal level. No permit required. I will look for the case next time I am in front of the computer. This person should file to have his conviction overturned.

I, and someone else I spoke to, thinks there is more to it. The dates of the arrests and the date of the conviction don't add up.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That was indeed remarkable. I commented to spectator next to me, "I think M...... just gave him a heart attack"

I read he's been there three years? He should have the protocol down by now. He was constantly coached by an attorney how to run the meeting, after three years? Perhaps this just confirms before Hogan's new appointments it was a rubber stamp board for MSP.[/QUOTE]

Really now.. how can that be ;)

I think the Governor make appointments to the HPRB. Being that Maryland has been run by Leftist progressives, they can appoint boards that will rubber stamp. Take a look at the biographies of the DC appeal board. One on that board has Brady campaign rallies and the like all over his social media accounts. Not hard to cipher who he'll support on appeal. From what I've read and heard, is some of Hogan's appointments are actually knowledgeable about the use of firearms for self defense. One on the panel actually uses his own foible of how he carry's and does not like to leave his gun in the car. I'd be surprised if a Leftist like O'Malley would even appoint a member that ever touched a gun.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My guesstamation is that at least 3 of the 5 members do contain at least one carry permit from somewheres.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    In the first place, improving at the rate it has been, your chances of the HPRB overturning an MSP denial will be much better than even. That makes it a good bet, IMO.

What do you have to appeal in 3 to 5 years?

:confused:

If you are going to appeal, I think you have to request that in a matter of days. DC writes 14 days. You can't wait 3-5 years later to appeal. The process has not changed. The board members have changed and some people believe the new members are more amenable to consider an appellant's pleading than was the case in the past.

My bad, filed for Trade Name (due to guilt trip from Shooter, no offense and possibly a thanks later) Monday to start bank account to show cash deposits in hopes at first attempt (application)will get me at least a restricted permit until appeals are filed in attempt to get an unrestricted permit. I could be wrong but I have read hear that some have taken 5 years to get to HPRB.
    My thoughts are they will be caught up by then it should not take that long OR as I believe partial theory of these threads, the overturns will change thoughts up the food chain a little and the HPRB will only see restricted persons appealing. However it could be an entirely different process by then.?

No answers needed, just a thought into the future.
    Good Luck in Nov. Montoya.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    What? No one started a thread for the November 3rd meeting? Slackers! :) I should be able to make it next week.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    11/17 is the epic one. I'll skip the warm up acts..

You mean instead of the usual one ring circus it will be a full blown.....

JFF2.jpeg

:lol2:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And follow up question, where are the minutes from after 11/17?

Also, take a peek at the 9/15 sheet, on one of the the MSP was "unable to complete the background due to lack of G&S".

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    And follow up question, where are the minutes from after 11/17?

Also, take a peek at the 9/15 sheet, on one of the the MSP was "unable to complete the background due to lack of G&S".
    9/15 may have been Gryphon before he lit into them to get his hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom