• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    I'll be there tomorrow morning...I need to score some more ammo. Where do you guys normally buy? I think I'm down to about 200 rds.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Is there a minimum age? I've heard unofficially 12-17 for the hunter safety course. Can anyone confirm?

I'm asking because I have a six year old daughter wanting trigger time with her crickett.

Are there any DNR Officers or course instructors in this forum I can PM?

You could always bring her out for the St Charles Sportsman's club Junior Rifle program. Send me a PM if you are interested.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    MG was a bit wet today. Got there with my "Anti Gun" boss and another friend around 130. We shot for about 30 mins when some guys with 22lr AR's showed up and started bump firing on auto. They thought it was quite comical and kept saying that there must be something wrong with their weapon or the ammo. Several of us warned them but they continued. We went to the parking lot and DNR came by in a few minutes. They lit it up as he was sitting there with his window down and he was furious. He went down and ran them off and gave them a stern talking to. He took their tags and told them they would be hearing more soon. One of the guys was driving a little green 2 door and the other a redish truck. Talked with DNR for a little while and he was really cool. He is more concerned with everyone else losing a place to shoot and is passionate about getting these idiots out of there. I thanked him and off he went. Not sure if someone called but if someone on here is responsible for letting him know to stop by, thank you. The two offenders were walked off the range and shooting continued.

My anti gun boss actually had a great time. Probably not going out to buy anything this weekend but definately wants to go shooting again. I'll keep working on him.

ewarfare

Feb 18, 2009
    Lexington Park, MD
    :thumbsup: I'm glad to hear DNR was there to regulate...they need to come by more often to keep the stupidity out. I'm curious to know if there is in fact a number to call if things like this happen again in the future. The few times I tried to visit the office, nobody was home.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I was there between 10:00 and 11:30 met a few members there. Nothing stupid when I was there. Mypimptacular Wal Mart special 30-06 at 100yds had 4rnds touching 1" high and a flyer(me) 2" to the right. I will have to post the build and details along with the group.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    MG was a bit wet today. Got there with my "Anti Gun" boss and another friend around 130. We shot for about 30 mins when some guys with 22lr AR's showed up and started bump firing on auto. They thought it was quite comical and kept saying that there must be something wrong with their weapon or the ammo. Several of us warned them but they continued. We went to the parking lot and DNR came by in a few minutes. They lit it up as he was sitting there with his window down and he was furious. He went down and ran them off and gave them a stern talking to. He took their tags and told them they would be hearing more soon. One of the guys was driving a little green 2 door and the other a redish truck. Talked with DNR for a little while and he was really cool. He is more concerned with everyone else losing a place to shoot and is passionate about getting these idiots out of there. I thanked him and off he went. Not sure if someone called but if someone on here is responsible for letting him know to stop by, thank you. The two offenders were walked off the range and shooting continued.

My anti gun boss actually had a great time. Probably not going out to buy anything this weekend but definately wants to go shooting again. I'll keep working on him.

things like that makes my blood boil. :mad54:

they will call in the tags to the dnr police... i know they did it couple years back when somebody took a picture of the offenders license plate. :innocent0

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    :thumbsup: I'm glad to hear DNR was there to regulate...they need to come by more often to keep the stupidity out. I'm curious to know if there is in fact a number to call if things like this happen again in the future. The few times I tried to visit the office, nobody was home.

the dnr police phone number is on the shack.. if not..
    800-628-9944
    General Information: 410-260-8880
    Emergencies: 410-260-8888
    Catch-A-Poacher: 1-800-635-6124
    http://www.dnr.state.md.us/nrp/

Tanker_Super

Gun Nut
    Aug 1, 2010
    Was able to get a day off today, so decided to drop by MG since it was pretty nice out. Had the opportunity to meet a few folks, as well as getting an overview of the pimptacular Wal Mart special that hvymax mentions above.

All in all had a good time.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Went to MG about 1pm today. I see what you all mean by the weekends are crazy. There were about 40 folks waiting to shoot. Line was all the way up to the covered permit shelter. The box was pretty full as well. I could see the envelopes packed inside as I walked by.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Went to MG about 1pm today. I see what you all mean by the weekends are crazy. There were about 40 folks waiting to shoot. Line was all the way up to the covered permit shelter. The box was pretty full as well. I could see the envelopes packed inside as I walked by.

Wow, glad I decided to put some wrench time in on my mom's car instead then.

Al called me to see if I was going, planned on going, but got that mother's guilt to try and get her car up and running as I was getting ready to leave.

(Buick Rendezvous - hateful thing to work on, TRUST ME!)

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL

I drove an hour and fifteen minutes, got there about 2:30pm, and the place was packed worse than I have ever seen it. The line was all the way past the permit shelter, with people also at the clays range and milling around in the parking lot. We decided to leave to go explore and come back later to see if things had cleared up some. We drove around the area for a while and checked out a couple of the parks, returned to the Grove at 4pm, and there was still a line half way up the hill... Gave up and drove back home, waste of a day. :mad54:

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    I drove an hour and fifteen minutes, got there about 2:30pm, and the place was packed worse than I have ever seen it. The line was all the way past the permit shelter, with people also at the clays range and milling around in the parking lot. We decided to leave to go explore and come back later to see if things had cleared up some. We drove around the area for a while and checked out a couple of the parks, returned to the Grove at 4pm, and there was still a line half way up the hill... Gave up and drove back home, waste of a day. :mad54:

At this point I think it's common knowledge that if you aren't there by 11:am on Saturday your in for the wait of a lifetime :lol2:

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I had my NCOA there...not much around there except places to eat or drink:lol2: Texas does have some good places to buy guns though...you should hit up a FT worth show there's supposed to be a big one there. Dallas has a big show also at market hall. Its a decent drive out there but worth it.

That's all I do on weekends. I'll be here for a while. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom