Please put your other things down before handling your firearm...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    A northern Kentucky police officer entered an elevator with his wife while holding their left-over dinners in his left hand. He then begins to handle his M&P .40 handgun with his right hand. While unholstered, he seems to fidget with the firearm while trying to re-holster it and even nearly flags his wife just before he negligently engages the trigger. The round ricochets from the steel of the elevator into his stomach...

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...mble-with-gun-before-shooting-self-in-stomach

It all could have been avoided if he had just put the food on the floor...

Thankfully, his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... He then begins to handle his M&P .40 handgun ...

Why???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'd be curious to know if he had been drinking. Maybe he needed to make an adjustment?
    Nothing makes sense in that video...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    His actions reek of reckless and stupid from beginning to end. Looks like he just missed shooting his wife.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    What the ****? My bet is he was drinking, maybe trying to joke around with his wife or something, and shot himself as a result. I wonder if he started rushing to get it holstered because he was nearing his floor or something.

edit- I watched it again, maybe he was pulling it from his IWB holster to put in his jacket pocket so it is in more of a ready position for then he opens the door to his apt/condo?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Maybe a little too much wine. Looked like maybe going for car keys or parking stub. They look as though they were in a parking garage elevator.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Why???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?

Queue the lyrics for Macho man :lol2:

Joshvictus

2GOG
    Jul 8, 2014
    Annapolis
    PURE negligence from my POV - It looked like he really had to dig the thing out of the holster to even get it out. As stated above, maybe to try and joke about it or something.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    After watching the video several times, I think that he was removing the gun from his IWB holster and was then attempting to put the gun into his coat pocket. He couldn't get the gun into the pocket. He must have bumped the trigger while holding the gun in that awkward grip. You can actually see the round hit the right side of the elevator door and come back at him.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just looks like complacency. Continues to chat, pulls out gun perhaps for adjustment, struggles with long coat but doesn't worry about it AND has finger on trigger. Too comfortable with gun.....

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Doh.

Wtf was he thinking.... If that is his wife..

"Hey honey.. Hold this while I check on my gun".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom