• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintballg36fun

Jul 28, 2010
    the last two I did they were around 10 to 12 weeks. I try to forget about the transfers and when the come about be happy!!

adam620

Jun 1, 2009
    Im still waiting to get my form 1 back from msp.Think i should call them?i got back a letter from cjis stateing that i have no criminal history 3 weeks ago.

adam620

Jun 1, 2009
    Took about three weeks total to get mine back. Maybe you should call.

So i called and it turns out that they were waiting for the cjis letter that i had been sent.3 weeks for nothing :( now i have to wait even more for them to process my form.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    So i called and it turns out that they were waiting for the cjis letter that i had been sent.3 weeks for nothing :( now i have to wait even more for them to process my form.

I've heard of this happening several times. CJIS apparently keeps sending the background check letters to the individual applicant and not to MSP.

As a routine matter, if you receive a background check letter from CJIS after getting fingerprinted, just turn around and fax your CJIS letter to 410-486-6360 attn Class 3 Licensing and include a note that you received the letter in an apparent error and want to ensure that MSP received their copy.

The last time I went the individual route, the lady at the MSP who collects the forms couldn't make to down to see me, so I was instructed to leave the prints and papers with the receptionist who no idea what this was about. I got tired of taking an afternoon+ off to get printed and to the MSP, waiting an extra three weeks, and hoping the MSP doesn't balk at the quality of my prints.

I created an accepted trust using Quicken Willmaker. The whole trust concept is very simple. My trust is under 8 pages single-sided. Most of that is boilerplate and some of that boilerplate isn't even relevant and could have been left on the cutting room floor.

One note: Under the Quicken form trust, by default, in the event of your (the grantor's) death, all of the trust property (your NFA goodies) is given to the people you specifically identify. You might want to tweak it so that you don't try to give the NFAs to people who are ineligible to own them due to age, etc.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just picked up a few new toys today. Reising 50 with Silencer. My first MG.

Submitted to BATFE - 7/13
    Check cashed - 7/19
    Pending - 8/24
    Approved - 9/20
    Approved Form 4's in hand - 9/28

Actual time with BATFE for approval was only about 2 months! Much better than my last can that took 5 months.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That's good news congratulations.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up my item at the fall shoot with that processing time.

Spyderdiver

Dec 27, 2009
    Bel Air
    SBR - MP5 Clone (BW5)

Form 4: Individual - 3 sets of fingerprints, 2 passport photos.

Purchased, York PA, SAR Show: 04/30/10
    Arrived at Local SOT: 05/27/10
    MSP Drop off: 05/28/10
    MSP Return: 06/07/10
    ATF Check Cased: 06/17/10
    Approved: 09/07/10

Now that I know about the Trust rout I wish I would have gone that route, over the individual form 4, for more personal family flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom