• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    Do any IPs have any gen ii glock 17's or 19's in stock? I know they will be used / LE trades.
    Thanks!
    Tom

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    He had some gen threes but I wanted to compare to a gen two and then decide. I am not hung up on the rail and the gen two would be less money in getting the grip worked on.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've fired and played with the Gen I and the Gen2 and the Gen 3. I prefer the Gen 3, due to the finger grooves and the way they "roughed up" the grip on the Gen 3. The slick side Gen 2 was a PITA for me to keep a proper grip on, in addition to it gets slick, far too quickly in the summer. This is all personal preference and my own observations.

A friend of mine that owns a G22 Gen 2 feels the same as I do, and has kept his Gen2 as a backup, but went out a bit ago and picked up a G22 Gen 3. He likes it a lot more than his Gen 2.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    If you are anywhere near Mt, Airy, MD then check out Lou again. He always seems to get a good rotating assortment of Gee-locks. The Gen 2 and Gen 3 do feel totally different in the hand, so I do understand your decision. Shoot him a PM or call the shop Saturday and he'll let ya know what he has at the moment. It changes more than his favorite sweatshirt!

-Whitey

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    ATTom - smart move comparing! My Gen2 19 fits me perfectly, but the finger grooves of the Gen3/4 just don't feel right in my hand.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    Gen 2 glock 22's are not uncommon, but the 17's are rare as hens teeth. I called no shit 15 guns shops and not one had a used one for sale.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Gen 2 glock 22's are not uncommon, but the 17's are rare as hens teeth. I called no shit 15 guns shops and not one had a used one for sale.

Check gunbroker frequently. Gen 2 G17s are super common as they were extremely popular with law enforcement before .40s&w took over.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If you are anywhere near Mt, Airy, MD then check out Lou again. He always seems to get a good rotating assortment of Gee-locks. The Gen 2 and Gen 3 do feel totally different in the hand, so I do understand your decision. Shoot him a PM or call the shop Saturday and he'll let ya know what he has at the moment. It changes more than his favorite sweatshirt!

-Whitey

Good advice but Lou will be set up at the Fredneck Gun Show this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom