• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We had the opportunity to tour the IWI production facility and spend some One on One time with the new IWI Galil Ace rifles and pistols .While not being inexpensive the gun was very impressive.

Check out the You Tube Video Link

http://youtu.be/hAZdvgvgIxc

galilace.gif

galilace4.gif

galilace5.gif

Last edited:
    Feb 28, 2013
    It'll be a long time before any other calibers appear. It may be well into 2016 before we see the 5.56 version.

An Israeli rifle in a Russky caliber just seems... ....wrong.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Do you all know if they sized the stock tube on these to match an mil-spec AR tube? First thing I'd do is replace that stock, it just looks cheap and kind of cheesy

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Do you all know if they sized the stock tube on these to match an mil-spec AR tube? First thing I'd do is replace that stock, it just looks cheap and kind of cheesy

It doesn't look like the stock tube is cylindrical. It appears that there is a flat section on the bottom of the tube.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    So these are going to be legal in MD?!? Hell yeah! Cash and carry?! I'll take at least one! When will these be available?

ETA: I see March April availability and my guess is we will see a retail around 1200-1500 bucks. Right in line with quality AKs during the peak market (and non sanctions).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    ETA: I see March April availability and my guess is we will see a retail around 1200-1500 bucks. Right in line with quality AKs during the peak market (and non sanctions).
    Based on previous pricing history, it'll be surprising if it goes much under $1500, if at all. I would not set your heart on a $1200 ACE - you'll be disappointed.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Based on previous pricing history, it'll be surprising if it goes much under $1500, if at all. I would not set your heart on a $1200 ACE - you'll be disappointed.

Well, I know I paid in that range for my SGL 26-xx two weeks prior to the ban. That is a bit disheartening to think they'll be far more than that range. Hope you aren't right.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well, I know I paid in that range for my SGL 26-xx two weeks prior to the ban. That is a bit disheartening to think they'll be far more than that range. Hope you aren't right.
    This is simple math. The Tavor MSRP is $1999, and the lowest street price is $1600. Ergo, street price is $1600/$1999 = .80 of MSRP.

Therefore, for the ACE, you would expect street price to be $1900 * .8 = $1520. Again, not opinion, but past history and math.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    This is simple math. The Tavor MSRP is $1999, and the lowest street price is $1600. Ergo, street price is $1600/$1999 = .80 of MSRP.

Therefore, for the ACE, you would expect street price to be $1900 * .8 = $1520. Again, not opinion, but past history and math.
    Good analysis. Thanks.

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    Galil Ace

Ok, I own a Galil ARM and I really WANT to like this rifle....

Unfortunately for me, it's just hideous. Not that the Tavor is attractive, but it's a bullpup, I could get over that. But in the configuration shown with this furniture, I just couldn't pull the trigger on the purchase at almost any price.

Maybe with a different stock and forend it might be a different story. We'll see what variations the factory comes up with, or maybe the aftermarket.

Somebody save this rifle from the ugly stick...:)

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Ok, I own a Galil ARM and I really WANT to like this rifle....

Unfortunately for me, it's just hideous. Not that the Tavor is attractive, but it's a bullpup, I could get over that. But in the configuration shown with this furniture, I just couldn't pull the trigger on the purchase at almost any price.

Maybe with a different stock and forend it might be a different story. We'll see what variations the factory comes up with, or maybe the aftermarket.

Somebody save this rifle from the ugly stick...:)
    Function over form my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom