• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Just saw on Facebook that Bel Air Gun and Pawn Shop is throwing in the towel due to SB281.

Last edited by a moderator:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I call BS on SB281 causing their demise, with no intended offense to the op. That store had a cancerous attitude and they survived as long as they did because they were the only game in town. SB281 didn't help them, but others are holding on. Others are adapting.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I call BS on SB281 causing their demise, with no intended offense to the op. That store had a cancerous attitude and they survived as long as they did because they were the only game in town. SB281 didn't help them, but others are holding on. Others are adapting.

I thought the same thing. I haven't been in that shop in 2 decades for a reason....

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My Dad always spoke really poorly of them and hasn't been in there for 20 or so years as a result. I went in once and was there just long enough to see that he was right

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    My memory must be hazy then, I was young pretty then and was probably distracted by guns while my dad was dealing with them.

Last edited:

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Bought my first handgun From Bob's dad back in 84. Never had an issue with Bob, Dave or Shelly. I bought at least 90% of my firearms from them over the years. Sorry to see them go.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Never the best shop by any means but still far better than Just Guns. Knowing Dave and Shelley I hate to see them or really any business have to close. Anyone know if the safe store will still be open?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Never been there because of all the crap I've heard about them on this forum. What's the old saying? You give someone good customer service, they might tell two people. You give someone bad customer service, they'll tell 10 people. Word gets around fast, and apparently through generations, too.

Good riddance.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    A little history lesson...

The original store was in Gardenville on East side of Rte 1 in Baltimore Shitty...

The owner had 2 sons...

The old man was shot & killed in a daytime robbery in his store about 15 - 20 years ago...

The sons closed down the store shortly there after...

One son moved to Fallston & opened Bel Air Gun & Pawn...

The other son moved to York Pa and opened another gun store...

I used to see the 2nd son at the York Gun Shows...

Sometimes knowing a little history can add some insight into peoples attitudes & behavior...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A little history lesson...

The original store was in Gardenville on East side of Rte 1 in Baltimore Shitty...

The owner had 2 sons...

The old man was shot & killed in a daytime robbery in his store about 15 - 20 years ago...

The sons closed down the store shortly there after...

One son moved to Fallston & opened Bel Air Gun & Pawn...

The other son moved to York Pa and opened another gun store...

I used to see the 2nd son at the York Gun Shows...

Sometimes knowing a little history can add some insight into peoples attitudes & behavior...

I know the story. Unfortunately, they are a retail business and a family tragedy cannot be taken out on your customers. The few times I was there they treated me like I was a total idiot. I have been to both stores, Bel Air and Fallston. Same treatment at both. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom