• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK, putting out a feeler for an NFA shoot that a friend is looking at putting on.

Below is the description. Below is a description of the shoot. We will post this in several states to see what interest it draws before setting it up.

Please let me know what you think and if your interested.

NFA Shoot

When: TBD

Cost: $20.00 for the entire day

Where: Morgantown, West Virginia

What: We will be holding an NFA shoot.

This includes:
    Machineguns
    SBRs
    Suppressed Weapons
    Machine Gun rentals:
    Pricing method to be determined later.

We are putting together an NFA Class III shoot. This will be on 65 Acres of property in West Virginia. There will be cars and other objects to shoot at. Anything up to and including .50-Cal will be welcome.

Don’t have a machine gun, but want to shoot one?

No problem, there will be, at least, the following machine guns available for rental: M16, P90, Sten, MG34, 1919, PPSH, 1910 Maxim, RPK, RPD, Glock 18, and MP5. Bring your own ammo or purchase ammo at the shoot.

Vendors and stores are welcome to setup tables at the shoot at no cost. We will setup a designated area for stores and vendors to demo their wares. We will try to have a SWAG table for participants with a drawing at the end of the shoot.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't want to seem like an ass, but Morgantown, WV? That's on the ass end of the state from most people. Why not do it somewhere more central? Hell, even AGC would be far closer for most folks.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I don't want to seem like an ass, but Morgantown, WV? That's on the ass end of the state from most people. Why not do it somewhere more central? Hell, even AGC would be far closer for most folks.

~3.5-4hr drive knocks this out of both my acceptable threshold of 'time spent inside the car' travel and my 'dealing with other drivers time' threshold as well.

For the ~$80 in gas it would cost (yay 93!) I would almost consider just flying out to Morgantown vs. driving.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    .... Hell, even AGC would be far closer for most folks.

The AGC is not really set up as place to come once and rent guns. Its set up as a club with members and does not have day passes. We have held MG events including two National Tommy gun Competitions. However our range is not ideal for letting people just come out and shoot rented MGs. I think they had an event at Delmarva or somewhere with something close to this but I would not think the AGC would be an easy option. That said the AGC is about as close to center of MD as one could get! So yes it would be close.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD

Well I have checked every range in MD I could find. They were either rude, did not like NFA items at their range, or they did not want to host an event.

Since no one wants to host this event in MD and I don't own a boat load of land myself, it was brought up by a friend that he has 65 acres in WVa that we could use.

I would like to go to Hedgesville and hold the shoot. But, the range is smaller and the owner does not want a lot of machinegun use there. Hoping I can eventually talk him into a silencer shoot there at least. Waiting to hear back on that.

So, as the OP states, this is just a feeler to see if it is worth the 3~4 hour trek for the shoot.

We are going to try to have a couple of cars and other interesting targets for folks to shoot.

If anyone has a range we could use closer to home I would entertain the idea.

Dave

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Well I have checked every range in MD I could find. They were either rude, did not like NFA items at their range, or they did not want to host an event.

Since no one wants to host this event in MD and I don't own a boat load of land myself, it was brought up by a friend that he has 65 acres in WVa that we could use.

I would like to go to Hedgesville and hold the shoot. But, the range is smaller and the owner does not want a lot of machinegun use there. Hoping I can eventually talk him into a silencer shoot there at least. Waiting to hear back on that.

So, as the OP states, this is just a feeler to see if it is worth the 3~4 hour trek for the shoot.

We are going to try to have a couple of cars and other interesting targets for folks to shoot.

If anyone has a range we could use closer to home I would entertain the idea.

Dave

DSC wasn't interested?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Delmarva Sporting Clays off or rt50 on the Eastern Shore. Probably at least a couple hours closer for most MD guys and in state. They have hosted MDShooter events before.

Yep. Tried a silencer shoot with them. He said if members showed up to shoot we would have to stop and let them. Did not want to interfere with paying members. I tried to explain how it works and how they would be able to shoot as well but, he was not interested in that.

Dave

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Yep. Tried a silencer shoot with them. He said if members showed up to shoot we would have to stop and let them. Did not want to interfere with paying members. I tried to explain how it works and how they would be able to shoot as well but, he was not interested in that.

Dave

Hmmm. Might be different since the silencer shoot was expected to use subsonic ammunition so people could shoot without hearing protection?

We had MDShooter events there but the range was still open. So it was more like everyone just agreed to show up and pay the range fee on the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom