• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I think this is the rub with making an HBAR on these newly available lowers.

MSP has consistently (I think) said to be an HBAR, the dealer must be able to articulate to MSP that it is an HBAR.

Meaning catalog sheet, spec sheet, markings, whatever the dealer chooses to use to justify they sold it as an HBAR.

If you made it from a lower, how would an individual document it if MSP asked? Your own catalog sheet?

Just saying, I think this is where/how the problem arises.

Engage has custom white oak barrels made for them marked "HBAR".

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I wonder if they have dealer pricing. :)

Edit* meant to quote Nate's last post.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    "Honey, I had to buy all that stuff last summer because it was going to be outlawed. Now, I need to buy more stuff and tools because things we thought would be illegal are not." I see this going over real well. The dog will have a better spot to sleep in than me.

I'm just not mentioning this to my SO.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Holy Crap?!!? Someone else said it here, but i feel like i just fell through a time warp....

The cynic in me says...."its a trap"....could they come back later and claim we all bought in error or illegally and take our 'other' guns? (not saying we have other guns, but in the event that somebody does)...

Will watch this closely now...

Thanks to all the folks leading this charge.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Holy Crap?!!? Someone else said it here, but i feel like i just fell through a time warp....

The cynic in me says...."its a trap"....could they come back later and claim we all bought in error or illegally and take our 'other' guns? (not saying we have other guns, but in the event that somebody does)...

Will watch this closely now...

Thanks to all the folks leading this charge.

MSP allowed those that spanned 10/1 with handgun purchases to pick up the gun after 10/1 without the HQL. I don't think there's been any reports that MSP went back on that.

I don't see MSP setting up a "trap" with the lowers now, but YMMV.

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    MSP allowed those that spanned 10/1 with handgun purchases to pick up the gun after 10/1 without the HQL. I don't think there's been any reports that MSP went back on that.

I don't see MSP setting up a "trap" with the lowers now, but YMMV.

Yeah, but it still seems like it's not a horrible idea to wait to see if they end up as cash and carry. Let the first set of them fly off the shelves and then try to catch them later on without the 77r.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Yeah, but it still seems like it's not a horrible idea to wait to see if they end up as cash and carry. Let the first set of them fly off the shelves and then try to catch them later on without the 77r.

Yes, not a bad idea, at that - fund availability for some of us results in an automatic wait :sad20:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    This was a distinct effort on their part, but that is a valid point. They are a Maryland-based manufacturer of firearms. They got their DI AR15 pistol on the Maryland Handgun Roster. They got the first confirmation (in writing from the head of Licensing Division) that the list of Assault Long Guns only applies to long guns. We can thank them for SBR and pistol versions of otherwise banned firearms.

But don't forget about the fact we're supposed to be boycotting them for the smart gun thing... :mad54:

I think everyone from our board should buy a lower receiver from Engage. They've really stayed the course. Thanks Engage. I'll be coming down to meet you hopefully this weekend or next. And I will be bringing money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom