• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sleeping Troll

Jul 12, 2012
    Does anyone that go to myrtle grove have a buffer wrench for the castle nut that I can borrow at the range? Just got a new parts kit and need it to complete the lower.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The one that I have, you'll need to attach it to a 3/8 drive/torque wrench, but I have one.

Sleeping Troll

Jul 12, 2012
    It is the last thing needed to complete the lower.

I don't happen to have a 3/8 drive torque wrench. I may have a 1/2 drive and an adapter maybe if I can find it.

I think I am going out of town on the weekend of the 29th or I would meet you down there.

Anyone else?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Tell you what, depending on when you're going to be down there next, I can bring what's needed to take torque it and stake it on-site.

If your close to Calvert Co., I'm pretty much free all day. Swing by, and it'll be done before you know it.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    This may seem a little ghetto, but it works well in a pinch. A brass punch placed in one of the castle nut notches (such that it is almost perpendicular to the radius of the receiver extension) and lightly tapped with a hammer will get it just as tight as a purpose-made wrench.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This may seem a little ghetto, but it works well in a pinch. A brass punch placed in one of the castle nut notches (such that it is almost perpendicular to the radius of the receiver extension) and lightly tapped with a hammer will get it just as tight as a purpose-made wrench.

Same can be done with a narrow flat-head screwdriver. The castle nut doesn't come out as clean as using a brass punch, but it'll work.

BTDT.

Sleeping Troll

Jul 12, 2012
    I am about 5 minutes from myrtle grove so if anyone goes down there I can always swing by sometime tomorrow or over the weekend or one night after work.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have one, but I am not sure when I can get to SOMD. Do you come up north at all? HT4 has a fine idea, a punch and hammer. It doesn't take much.

Sleeping Troll

Jul 12, 2012
    I don't tend to get up north. I live about 5 minutes away from myrtle grove and can meet pretty much locally anywhere if someone has one. I wouldn't mind traveling some to get one either but I figure someone who comes to myrtle might have one.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just buy one. They aren't that much. Then you will always have one when you need it.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom