You don't have to be a motorcycle fan to appreciate this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    but it may help. If you watch Moto GP you will be familiar with this guy. If you don't, he won the first 9 races this year and came in 4th last week. Just short of a new record. Either way, when you hang this far off a bike, surely a crash looms in your very near future...unless you are Mark Marquez. Wow.

http://superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/14archive/mm93nobin/_TIN2306.htm

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have great respect for these guys... But one thing I can not figure out is how they get balls the size of grapefruits stuffed into those leathers. :D

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Next-to-last frame was a minor wheelie. That's a seriously close call.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I had a buddy that could drag his knees on the road on a cbr1000. Used to scare the hell out of me to ride with him. Somehow those bikes will go almost horizontal if you know how to ride them. I never could bring myself to try leaning over that far.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That is just insane. Wonder if he knows how he saved that, or just got back on the bike and said "Phew, what the hell just happened". When I looked at the first pic that front wheel looked to be turned at an insane angle. Honestly, every photo looked insane. Wonder what it would look like in video at full speed.

Used to watch this stuff a decade or so ago. Watch a lot of the American stuff on SpeedVision or Speed Channel or whatever it was called. Believe there were two Hayden brothers back then. Think one was named Nicki or Nicky. Cannot remember the spelling. There was also a pretty awesome racer on a Ducati, but I cannot remember his name for the life of me.

I so want a motorcycle, but being a responsible dad means no motorcycle for me. My 5 year old son walked in, saw me looking at the pics, and goes "Cool".

I had a buddy that could drag his knees on the road on a cbr1000. Used to scare the hell out of me to ride with him. Somehow those bikes will go almost horizontal if you know how to ride them. I never could bring myself to try leaning over that far.

I know a guy that would do that also (SOB would drag pegs on KZs,Secas,GSs whatever).I ride 'em like I stole 'em but when it comes to turns,I'm a sissy.:D

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    YouTube videos for Ilse of Man, TT race in England.... Crazy riders on residential roads. :D

Love IOMTT. That is the greatest spectacle on TV. It is on my list of things to see in person.

That is just insane. Wonder if he knows how he saved that, or just got back on the bike and said "Phew, what the hell just happened". When I looked at the first pic that front wheel looked to be turned at an insane angle. Honestly, every photo looked insane. Wonder what it would look like in video at full speed.

I think he got off and said, "Yep, I can't ride it any faster than that, but it sure handles well." I could not find a video of it.

Used to watch this stuff a decade or so ago. Watch a lot of the American stuff on SpeedVision or Speed Channel or whatever it was called. Believe there were two Hayden brothers back then. Think one was named Nicki or Nicky. Cannot remember the spelling. There was also a pretty awesome racer on a Ducati, but I cannot remember his name for the life of me.

I so want a motorcycle, but being a responsible dad means no motorcycle for me. My 5 year old son walked in, saw me looking at the pics, and goes "Cool".

Nicky and his brothers Roger and Tommy. Back then I don't know who it was on a Ducati, but Valentino Rossi is one of the few people I would call a hero of mine. He rode a Ducati for a couple of years.

You and me both on wanting a bike. I had a crotch rocket for a few years, but with kids, it just doesn't make sense anymore. Too many bad drivers out there.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    You and me both on wanting a bike. I had a crotch rocket for a few years, but with kids, it just doesn't make sense anymore. Too many bad drivers out there.

Make it three of us! I've toyed with buying a sport bike all my life but something deep in my gut prevented me from pulling the trigger. (pun fully intended!) I think it's a visceral sense of self-preservation. The main issue with a bike is that even if you do everything right, you can still get killed by some moron who's not paying attention, texting, or applying makeup. I drive pretty aggressively as it is on four wheels and the speed/acceleration of a sport bike would be too much of a temptation.

So, I got a Porsche instead. It's an wonderful vehicle to drive on twisty roads, or even better, on a track. Interestingly, driving it on the track has tempered my street driving. I think it's because spending a little time on the track really makes it obvious just how different it is from being on public roads.

BTW, one bike I test-rode back in the 80s was a near mint Yamaha RD400F, one of the last two stroke road bikes they imported. WOW...what acceleration!!! That bike was just spectacular to ride. Twist the grip, get a puff of blue smoke and the tach needle screamed up to 10,000 rpm!

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    You are right about the track tempering street driving. On a bike, I know and many of the rest of us know some very good riders that have been injured or killed by someone else. Then again the adrenaline rush is like losing 25 years off of your life.

I am toying with the idea of a Porsche myself. It doesn't make sense for me and the situation of needing to tote kids around. I already have a 2 seater in the form of a miata and with a supercharger on it, it will perform with most anything and turn low 1:20's at Summit Point. But there is something about a Porsche and the fact that I have wanted one since I was drawing pictures of them at about 8 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom