• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhiteWhale056

Apr 27, 2012
    chaptico, md
    While I wait for my rifle to come in, I was wondering what those of you use to keep your firearm locked up with. Cable locks, trigger locks or orange breech locks (leaning towards the last)?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    That's at my parents house. It'd drop right through the rental home's floor where I'm at now lol!

ah! :thumbsup:

buy a smaller safe.. :lol2:

personally i've used cable locks and trigger locks depending on the rifle.. you could always take the bolt out and hide that on small safe.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If a gun safe is unavailable, I pull the bolt (AR's and bolt guns) and stash them in a smaller safe and then cable lock thru the actions. Other guns I have a secured area to stash them if I'm going out of town.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Buy an inexpensive steel gun cabinet from Bass Pro; they aren't that heavy but are a royal PITA to carry out a door when weighted down.

I'm a big fan of true gun safes.

WhiteWhale056

Apr 27, 2012
    chaptico, md
    Hoping that Nubz is being sarcastic...

I just ordered a breech lock for an AR and 12 gauge.

Anyone know if there is a review here of these already? I searched and didn't find one.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Hoping that Nubz is being sarcastic...

I just ordered a breech lock for an AR and 12 gauge.

Anyone know if there is a review here of these already? I searched and didn't find one.

i havent seen one. I think you be the first. :)

do you have the link of said lock?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    interesting! hard to tell.. made of metal of some sort?

let us know how you like it! may get one for the AR myself.:thumbsup:

WhiteWhale056

Apr 27, 2012
    chaptico, md
    Once I have them here I will make a post about it.

As for the material: " It is constructed from extremely durable glass-reinforced nylon for maximum durability." - CTD.com

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Uh... maybe the "Responsible Gun Safety Act" for starters...

So all these picture threads and discussion of our "HD" weapons and we take out the bolts and cable lock them at night?

Are we talking about locking up every firearm you own, or just the "extras"? Serious question.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    My understanding is that unless there are children, your obligation is to keep them unavailable to children. Having said that, I do think it's a good idea to keep them as secure as possible, and HD gun(s) as accessible as possible. This all goes hand in hand with training, safety and security discussions that can be found all over this forum.

One option if a safe is not available, (if not an HD gun) take it apart and lock each component up separately. For example one could use a heavy duty Kryptonite bike lock through your mag well and attach it to something (like steel plumbing); same with upper, and bolt carrier, all in a different locations hidden.

This has got to slow them down, if they even find it, after bypassing your perimeter, dogs, alarms, CCTV, etc.

http://brandscycle.com/product/kryp...sa=X&ei=Jju8T5GFNof06AG3pO0s&ved=0CIEBEIMIMAY

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    So all these picture threads and discussion of our "HD" weapons and we take out the bolts and cable lock them at night?

Are we talking about locking up every firearm you own, or just the "extras"? Serious question.

I lock/disable the ones I don't intend to grab as my first choices.

I have a few within easy reach that are condition 1 all the time, except for when I go out of state, then I'm either carrying them, or they are secured (locked/disabled).

Nubz

Yankee Trash
    Mar 16, 2012
    I was sort of being funny
    But then again there isn't one firearm with any type of lock on it in my house

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom