• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Unless it's a 300 blk or 9 mm. It's not worth the trouble. The 5.56 with a short barrel and a short can will not be hearing safe anyways.

Gas volume or size does matter in suppressors.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I am currently debating between a 7.5 inch barrel and a 9" can or 10.5" barrel and 6"can.

Listening to the comments above it sounds like 7.5 and 9" is the way to go (9mm setup)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I am currently debating between a 7.5 inch barrel and a 9" can or 10.5" barrel and 6"can.

Listening to the comments above it sounds like 7.5 and 9" is the way to go (9mm setup)

Gotta be careful with long 9mm barrels. Make sure the additional length does not cause 147 to go supersonic.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Gotta be careful with long 9mm barrels. Make sure the additional length does not cause 147 to go supersonic.

From what I read, 10.5 is a long as you can go reliably, hence why the 7.5 was winning out. The 10.5 hit's on a weird bubble that while not quite supersonic makes more noise than bullets travelling a 100fps or so slower.....

course that was from some guy on the intertubes (m4 carbine.net) so I'm still doing more research, but the 7.5 seems the best choice.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    9mm. Go with a 4"-6" barrel then the rest should be baffles.

Less is more( in terms of barrel length ) and size matters ( in terms of gas volume)

One drawback on larger cans is that it is prone to a louder first round pop. The can will contain enough oxygen to serve as a combustion chamber. To eliminate that, a quick spray of wd40 or wire pulling gel , water , anti freeze etc. helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom