• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    shooting my gem tech g5 yesterday. I have an FTW HAD cover on it for heat abatement. Well I shot it about 150 times with breaks in between and took it off to scrub some of the build up on my flash hider/mount. I put it back on, pulled it to retention and twisted. Well I guess the sleeve twisted more than the can which only went on a little way, tug tested, seemed fine. *poof* and a lot of gas and my can was airborne. It went about 10 15 yards and landed in the dirt. I was nervous as all hell. Waited for a cease fire and went with much trepidation to check it out. No baffle strike, no damage, no obstructions. Dodged a bullet big time. I am done with that damn sleeve. No matter how tightly I tie it up with para cord it just won't keep snug. Time for a welders glove. ALMOST a bad day, but I had an angel looking out. I am stupid.:o

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Good that everything was OK. A cheap lesson learned.

I use a silicone pot holder from Bed, Bath & Beyond. It cost about $6 dollars and works great.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Yeah, I'm convinced these suppressor covers only last well with bolt action or SLOW semi-auto rifle fire. I had an Armageddon cover, and while it did pretty well for a couple hundred rounds (not all at once), the tie wraps eventually melted and loosened the cover. Once that happen the cover ended up with a hole in it :mad54:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Must of been gut-wrenching waiting on that cease fire. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom