• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    This gun is awesome it quickly became a favorite to shoot, though the trigger could be better...
    has anyone looked into tuning one up? it appears to be very similar to that of an AK. does anyone on the forum know of a gun smith who would be willing to give it a go?

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I joined the club too. Thank you Tyler's! Picked this up today.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
      IMG_0823.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 729

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I joined the club too. Thank you Tyler's! Picked this up today.

You were finishing up with the paperwork for that today when I went in to Tyler's today.

I was there showing a co-worker where I hang out when when I sneak away from my office.

Those are awesome looking guns. I have one on my wish list...

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Just had a conversation with my brother about this gun. Without a stock there probably isn't much difference in capability compared to a handgun and probably worse performance because it is weird to hold a gun like that. In SBR form or in pseudo SBR(sig brace) form then you get an easy shooting low recoil fun gun. Since not everyone can shoot handguns well (especially under stress and not on a range) and not everyone can handle 12 gauge recoil well I could see them as having a role as a HD gun. Easy to get on target and keep on target, some extra capacity compared to most normal pistol mags, and some cool factor for looking like an sub gun. Pretty good price, from a decent manufacturer, and it has been in use for a few years in Europe. Not for everyone but a good option for some and on my buy list.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    No need to start a new thread for this...
    Ebay Seller Podmanicky, who sold a lot of wooden stocks for the VZ2008 to MDS members had 7 or 8 1st generation Scorpion Evo stocks on ebay for $181 shipped. They sold out in 20 min.

CZ-USA has no idea when the factory is going to ship the stocks they have have been promising for a couple months.

Another data point. A similar stock sold on Gunbroker this am for $625

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    This is my "pistol" set up for home defense, if someone were too place it in their shoulder it would feel very solid while easy to maneuver in tight spaces.

KakaoTalk_20150922_105345879_zpsowlsersh.jpg

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Until someone shows me how to make it 29" OAL for an SBR and I can attach my suppressor, I'm gonna sulk here in the corner lol
    I'd be happy with a carbine version and no tax stamps. Someone on Facebook mentioned a folding stock that can fold left and not obstruct the ejection port.

Why don't you call Angus at CZ custom and ask if he could make his custom 8" barrel, any size we want?

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    This is my "pistol" set up for home defense, if someone were too place it in their shoulder it would feel very solid while easy to maneuver in tight spaces.

KakaoTalk_20150922_105345879_zpsowlsersh.jpg

What is the brace and tube on that set up? Is the strap on the brace in Kryptek Typhon ? Looks awesome!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The brace is the new style sig brace. The tube is probably a standard pistol tube with the spacer sleeves for that length.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks, CZ sells a adapter/tube kit at their online store for like $80. It is a SBX brace with a phase 5 kryptek strap, only reason I went with that strap was I accidentally threw away the original with the brace box and it was the only replacement strap I could find online.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Unsubstantiated rumor from Facebook
    Podimanicky [my assumption] may have more stocks to sell on the 16th on EBay.

The whole 922R kit is a puzzlement (millennials go watch the King and I on Netflix, no nudity or slow motion death) Everyone is waiting for the "kit" which is coming from the Czech Republic. ????

Watching these Scorpion guys drop money reminds me of my venture into Ural sidecars. There was a well known Moto Guzzi aftermarket seat maker, who decided that Guzzi owners were like BMW owners, the cheapest thing on the motorcycle. Ural owners (buying Ruskie pot metal motorcycles, you would think they were cheap) would spend money hand over fist to customize their rigs.

I think in a couple years 1911's AR-15s, AK's, Glocks, Ruger 10/22 and MK 2&3 and the Scorpion will have the most aftermarket parts.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Okay, it's 9mm. What am I missing? How is this any better than a 9mm AR pistol ?

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I wouldn't say it is any better than a 9mm AR pistol. I was actually looking into building a 9mm AR until I saw the MPX and Scorpion were about to come out. To me it came down to the fact that I would rather have a weapons system designed for 9mm than cobbling together a gun with a extra lower I had. I never liked the look of a lot of mag blocks I saw and the cheap 30 round Scorpion mags were a big plus for me. Plus, I already have ARs and would rather have something else, these have a different sub gun feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom