• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I just saw an ad for this in Guns & Ammo. This is a AR type rifle, but pump action instead of semi-auto! The ad bills it as legal in all 50 states, which must mean MD too. Take a look at the website which has a Nutnfancy review of the gun. I know, the guy is hard to take, but this looks like a very accurate rifle. It comes in 5.56, also .308, 7mm-08, .243 Win. and .300 Blackout. Looks interesting, no?

http://troydefense.com/pumpactionrifle/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=d8KMZpzNZQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYRRzus9wto

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sort of reminds me of the pump action AKs from a few years ago.

Give them an A for ingenuity but if I'm carrying a pump I would be happier with a Remington.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Looks like a great idea up to the point where you can't put their upper on your standard AR15 lower.

That would have made more sense. And I see no real reason why it could not be done. The entire pump action mechanism should fit into an upper which fits on any AR15 lower.

A 300 BO/Whisper would be great in such a configuration.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Looks like a great idea up to the point where you can't put their upper on your standard AR15 lower.

That would have made more sense. And I see no real reason why it could not be done. The entire pump action mechanism should fit into an upper which fits on any AR15 lower.

Cannot agree more. A pump upper that fits most any AR-15 lower would have 10x the appeal. It's as if Troy went 90% of the way then stopped. Big waste of R&D money.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If it fit an AR lower, then it wouldn't be a step toward completely banning semi-auto rifles, now would it?

No... There is no law waiting in the wings to ban the semi auto if a pump action were produced. The idea would be completely ridiculous since there are already semi auto and pump action rifles and shotguns of the same type.

I don't see any cry to ban the Remington 11-87 because they make and sell the 870. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom